Seabuckthorn -. Deciduous shrub of the family of suckers, reaching a height of 10 m is considered the most famous views of sea buckthorn.
favorite places growing plants are the banks of rivers, mountains, rocky and sandy soil at an altitude of 3300-4500 meters, and the thorn bushes are not afraid of even the 50-degree frosts in Siberia.The name of the plant and symbolically describes the appearance of a bush - bright orange berries literally obleplivayut thin branches on all sides, and inside the berries are small bones.
shrub common in Europe, Central Asia, Canada and the United States.A lot of sea buckthorn plants is located in China, and their number is several times higher than the currents in Russia.plant is often used to form hedges, strengthening ravines, slopes.
Description and composition
Spiny trunk has a fairly rough and thick bark.Leaves elongated silver-green color on the lower side.Flowering falls in April.Oval or spherical fruits ripen in August-October period and characterized b
How useful buckthorn
Use of almost all parts of the plant to human health due to the unique composition of sea buckthorn.
Berries contain the following nutrients :
- As part of the berry is carotenoids to 4.5%, 2.57% soluble carbohydrates, 4,4-9% of fatty oil, 2.8% organic acids, 0.79% pectin.
- number of triterpene acids is 505-1170 mg / 100 g: prevent pain in the heart and arrhythmias, normalizes blood circulation, have a therapeutic effect for insomnia, shortness of breath, atherosclerosis.
- As part of the sea buckthorn contains big amount of B-sitosterol, exerting anti-sclerotic effect.
- Serotonin has antitumor activity.
- Choline increases blood pressure, prevents steatosis and atherosclerosis by reducing bad cholesterol level.
- Flavonoids are found in all parts of the plant, they are anti-cancer and anti-oxidants may be used for the prevention of cancer.
- Phenolic compounds, a large number of which are in fresh berries, inhibit the growth of gram-negative bacteria, including Helicobacter pylori.The composition
- plants revealed 15 micronutrients, including magnesium, iron, boron, manganese, sulfur, silicon, titanium, aluminum.
Vitamins / 100g
- C: 54-316 mg (reducing the risk of strokes and heart attacks, strengthening myocardial and vascular walls, preventing hemorrhages, support liver function, kidney and adrenal gland);
- P: 75-100 mg (strengthening capillaries and reducing their hemorrhage);
- B9: 0.79 mg (involved in the formation of red blood cells, anticarcinogenic effects against cervical cancer, the normalization of the production of hydrochloric acid);
- B1: 0,016-0,085 mg (regulation of metabolism, nervous and cardiovascular activity);
- B2: 0,030-0,056 mg (involved in cellular respiration);
- provitamin A: 0,9-10,9 mg (normalization of function of sweat, sex and lacrimal glands, pancreas and thyroid glands);
- E: 8-18 mg (synthesis of sex hormones, the protection of fetal development, rejuvenation of the body, elimination of toxins);
- By: 0.9-1.5 mg (decrease bleeding and vascular fragility);
- unsaturated fatty acids - up to 77% (in oil).
Sea buckthorn oil contains a lot of nutrients.
Thus, 100 g of the oil obtained from pulp, contains 112-154 mg of tocopherols, carotenoids 168-215 mg, 0.89% of phospholipids, 90 mg and nenesyschennyh saturated fatty acids, the only characteristic of sea buckthorn oil for the unique combination ofbeneficial omega-3 and omega-6 PUFAs in a ratio of 50:50.
100 grams of oil, squeezed from the pulp of berries, contains 180-250 mg of carotenoids, 40-100 mg carotene, 110-165 mg a-tocopherol and retinol.
rich composition characterized by leaves and shoots of plants, but in fruits and oil content of nutrients higher.
medicinal raw materials, preform
medicinal values represent all parts of the plant : berries, seeds (pits), leaves, shoots, roots, and bark.Berries are used for the manufacture of butter, juice, jellies, pastes, jams, jelly and even alcoholic beverages, and the roots, leaves and bark are used for the preparation of tinctures, teas and infusions.
Harvesting of berries is carried out at their full maturity, in dry weather.The best way to harvesting, which allows to maintain all the useful properties of berries - a quick freezing.Ripe fruit can be dried in a dryer at a temperature of about 40 C. Using a press obtained from berries juice concentrate and from pulp - make sea buckthorn oil.
twigs and leaves can be harvested in June - dried them in a dry, dark and well-ventilated place.
can harvest sea buckthorn juice, but using a pasteurization method, since boiling destroys most of the nutrients.
useful properties and contraindications
plant is actively used both official and folk medicine and is also used in homeopathy, cooking and cosmetics.The pharmaceutical industry produces butter, syrup, dietary supplements, teas and candles that contain sea buckthorn.The berries are prepared preserves, jams, juices, fruit drinks, jams and candy.
The plant is characterized by pronounced healing properties and has the following effects on the human body:
- wound healing
- normalizing work of almost all internal organs
Indications for the treatment of sea buckthorn
- various types of dermatitis, and dermatitis (except allergic) skin damage, including burns and frostbite in the recovery stage, purulent wounds, trophic ulcers, pressure ulcers, erosions
- arthritis and arthrosis
- eye diseases, cataract
- gynecological diseases, including coleitis and cervicitis
- infertility male and female
- gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer, gastritis and gastropathy, includingassociated with H. pilori
- anal fissures, proctitis, internal hemorrhoids
- rhinitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, sore throat
- stomatitis, periodontitis, pulpitis
- higher risk of heart attacks and strokes
- poisoning, dysbiosis
- depression, insomnia, neurosis
Like any other plant, sea buckthorn brings harm and benefit, the distinction between them - contraindications to the use,to be considered!
- contraindicated in the presence of sea buckthorn treatment of allergic reactions and individual intolerance.Bright orange berries indicates their high allergic activity, so allergy sufferers should be cautious to use them for treatment.
- Internal treatment prohibited under acute during inflammatory liver diseases, gall bladder, pancreas, hypotension.
- Do not take sea buckthorn fresh or freshly squeezed juice from the berries of those who suffer from kidney stones disease, in which the history there have been cases of spontaneous stone passage, as well as increased acidity of gastric juice.
- With careful use of sea buckthorn oil a tendency to diarrhea.
Application in pharmaceutical
addition to the well-known sea-buckthorn oil, there are a number of equally well-known products that use the healing properties of sea buckthorn:
- Tablets Angie Sept from Dr. Theiss.They are used in inflammatory diseases of the pharynx and throat.Price - 160-230 rubles;
- Tablets hiporamin from PharmVILAR.The antiviral drug with a broad spectrum of action.Price - 120-130 rubles;
- rectal suppositories with sea buckthorn oil from Nizhpharm.Used for the treatment of hemorrhoids.Price - 80-90 rubles;
- Drops Pomogusha with sea buckthorn OOO "South" - a complex of biologically active food supplement for children.Price - 250-300 rubles;
- Oralgin Spray with sea buckthorn from Artlife - antiseptic drug for the treatment of diseases of the oral mucosa.Price - 150-160 rub.
use of traditional medicine
most useful are fresh, ripe berry plants, which provide the body with vital substances.Such a useful supplement to the diet has a positive effect on the state of the heart and blood vessels, lowers blood pressure, is the prevention of heart attack and stroke, blood clots strengthens the immune system, eliminates anemia, rejuvenates the body and helps in restoring body.
Application : 50-100 g of berries a day, 30 minutes after food for 1 month.Since the taste of berries specific, they can be mixed with honey or slightly podslazhivat.Berries can drink clean water at room temperature.
berries are recommended for the treatment of cancer of the esophagus or stomach (in the complex therapy).When cancer treatment take 1 tbspberries thrice a day.
the treatment of male and female infertility buckthorn berries must be present in the diet, they can eat 50 grams a day.If fresh berries are not able to find or out of season, you can use frozen or dried, pre-soak them in warm water.
sea buckthorn oil: properties and applications
buckthorn oil can be used externally and internally, and not only on the skin, but also on the mucous membranes.It is best to buy it already prepared in the pharmacy network - it is sterile and can be used for many purposes.The only recommendation - buy two bottles, one of which is used for external use, and one for the internal treatment.
Reception oil inside is particularly indicated in the treatment of ulcers and gastritis, poisoning, dysbiosis, chronic diseases and liver toxicity and kidney, as well as aterosleroza and anemia. Application : 1 tspoil for half an hour before meals three times a day.
In cancer of the esophagus or stomach take half a teaspoon of oil three times a day before meals for the whole period of radiotherapy and 3 weeks after its completion.
When angina half a spoon of oil added to a glass of warm milk and drink in the morning and evening before meals.
- as a basis for compresses - for the treatment of burns and frostbite in the regeneration step, and bedsores;
- As impregnation for tampons at night - for the treatment of obesity, cervical erosion (7-10 consecutive days);By
- 1.2 ml oil twice daily administered in the maxillary sinus for treatment of sinusitis (7-10 days);
- To combat the acute rhinitis is enough to bury 1-2 drops of oil into each nostril 2-3 times a day;
- For external lubrication of the affected areas of skin 2-3 times / day - in the treatment of venous ulcers, festering wounds, dermatitis;
- inhalation 2-3 tbspspoons of oil 1 liter of water - in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the throat, sore throat, tonsillitis, flu;
- In a mixture of camphor (half a cup of oil 2 tbsp of camphor) for rubbing on the night - In old and intractable coughing, at least 4-5 days in a row;
- In ophthalmology buckthorn oil used in keratitis, corneal lesions, corneal burns.
- Pure oil is used to lubricate the tonsils - in the treatment of acute and chronic tonsillitis, as well as during the recovery period after tonsillectomy.
The use of oil in cosmetology
- Buckthorn for skin is used in its dry - should be gently rubbed into the skin of a warm sea buckthorn oil for the night, instead of cream;
- used for skin with excessive fat oil - rub the problem areas two times a day with a cotton pad, lightly moistened with oil, helps to solve this problem;
- Sea buckthorn oil is ideal as a base for massage, since it is well absorbed and does not create too much fat in the skin and contributes to the rapid heating of tissues;
- If brittle nails is recommended to do daily baths with hot sea buckthorn oil;
- Helps hair oil at their loss - you can rub it into the roots and leave for the night under a cotton cap, and in the morning wash your hair thoroughly, repeating the procedure two times a week.
Sea-buckthorn oil, damage and the use of which is described above, is a versatile natural product that helps in the effective treatment of many diseases, so it should be in every home.
Broth buckthorn seed eliminates diarrhea - 1 tbspseeds boil on low heat in 200 ml of water.Take the cooled broth 2 tablespoons3-5 times a day before meals.
Infusions, teas and decoctions of buckthorn
buckthorn leaves are characterized by the same useful properties and contraindications, as well as fruit plants.For therapeutic use dry beverage raw materials.
tea from the leaves of sea buckthorn is recommended to drink at a stomatitis, periodontitis and pulp, as well as diabetes.To obtain 1 tspdried leaves pour a glass of boiled water for ten minutes, strain and drink 200 ml of twice a day.
decoction of the leaves helps in the treatment of joints: 1 tbspdry powdered leaves pour a glass of boiling water and boil on low heat for 10 minutes.Take half a cup of lukewarm decoction 2 times a day.
Infusion broth buckthorn is prepared similarly, but not subjected to boiling and infuse for half an hour.Take half a cup 2 p / day for rheumatism and gout.
Fresh sea buckthorn juice - a natural multivitamin agent recommended during SARS, anemia, hypovitaminosis, muscular dystrophy, giposekretornyh gastritis, hypotension, liver disease, colitis.The juice is useful for women, it is because it helps in the fight against premature aging.Take 100 ml twice daily food field within half an hour (maximum - 300 ml per day).
Delicious jam amber can be found on store shelves.However, the benefits of its controversial - in digested berries with sugar has little value, and vitamins, and not at all because they are destroyed by boiling.Jam can only be used as a dessert.For sweet lovers there is a useful recipe for jam - Mashed buckthorn: minced fresh berries and mix them with the sugar.This product contains all the necessary nutrients and pleasant taste.
Interesting facts about
- plants in the ancient books of oriental medicine buckthorn positioned as the best supplement for the return of the soldiers, and depleted forces disease to people.
- ancient Mongols had used sea buckthorn before the competition to get them winners.Feeds the plant and horses to give them endurance and strength.
- inhabitants of Siberia called berry plants "Siberian pineapple".
Recipes of traditional medicine have been confirmed in numerous studies and experiments:
- Evidence of anti-carcinogenic action of sea buckthorn have been received in the Soviet era.Antitumor activity of sea buckthorn allows its use to reduce the risk of metastasis of malignant tumors.
- Another study, published in the "Journal of Food Biochemistry," confirmed that the sea buckthorn helps in the treatment of atopic dermatitis with regular admission of drugs plants for 4 months.
- was confirmed and the local wound-healing effect of the plant.In the journal "Food and Chemical Toxicology" published a report on the scientific experiment on rats - sea buckthorn excellent healing burns.
- research, published the "European Journal of Clinical Nutrition" suggests a normalizing effect of sea buckthorn on blood sugar levels in diabetics, selectively acting on a leap of glucose that occurs after eating.