15 years ago the WHO recommended for the prevention of cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity daily intake of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables, where a portion - is the amount of food in a handful - 1 apple, 2 tomatoes, or a handful of lettuceor a glass of juice.
But to date, fruit juices should not be considered useful and necessary to drink, especially for children.Active promotion of the use of fruit juices - no more than a marketing trick.Air Force, for example, proposes to delete the juices from the list of healthy foods that are recommended for daily consumption:
- main argument - is the presence of the reduced juice 6 teaspoons of sugar per cup of water, which is even more than Coca-Cola.It is fraught with the development of diabetes, obesity, tooth decay, and so on. So you can give your child juice only occasionally, as an alternative to candy or other sweets.Especially do not give juice to quench your thirst, because the effect is exactly the opposite.
- Note the label "no sugar"
- also juice is often added citric acid, which hinders the absorption of calcium and contributes to the destruction of tooth enamel.
- juice can cause allergic reactions, diarrhea, provoke the development of dysbiosis and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- in large quantities commercially there is juice drinks, nectars with the so-called reconstituted juice content of 15-50%, the rest is sugar syrup and flavorings, flavorings and artificial vitamins (see. Myths about synthetic vitamins).
- British dentists warn that the high acidity of fruit juices and cocktails is even more dangerous than sweets for children's teeth.First, the acid corrodes the enamel, then there are chips and cracks, which multiply the bacteria that cause tooth decay.Dentists complain that the younger generation of kids in the UK refuses to drink plain water, preferring fruit juices.
As can be useful drink is prepared in the following way?In vacuum bags, which we buy in stores, is "reduced juice" that is, the concentrate diluted with water.
Simply put, this is a sweet liquid with a taste of fruit, in which there is no natural vitamins, and added artificial, the dangers of which for both adults and children are already talking for a long time.
After squeezed out of the fruit juice, it is removed from the liquid by means of modern technology, the concentrate is then frozen, and when the time comes to use it, it is diluted with water and pasteurized to prevent propagation of pathogenic bacteria and increase shelf life.It can not be considered a useful product, no useful properties of the drink, the last stage of processing as many do not and can not.
order from the juice was good, the fruit should be washed, squeeze the juice and drink it within 10 minutes after cooking.Drink in small sips to better absorption and no more than 150 grams per day.Why?One glass of orange juice, for example, 3-4 oranges, naturally the child can not eat much, so drink that amount it would be hard, and do not need.
better to give your child the fruit itself or puree it, it has fiber, useful for the gastrointestinal tract and natural vitamins.Thus the child will eat as much as he wants his body as needed.Because children eat only the amount of food that they need, as opposed to adults, who with age a sense of proportion, and such control is dulled.