Celandine - a herbaceous perennial plant of the poppy family.It has a branched straight stem, which can reach heights of up to 1 m. Taproot, light brown in color.The leaves are pinnate, located in turn, have a rich green color on top and bottom - bluish color.
Flowering falls in the summer, from May to August.The flowers are located at the ends of the stem and have a bright yellow color.The fruit is a pod of black.A distinctive feature of celandine - is the orange juice, which is released during the fracture of the stem, stems, roots and stain resistant skin in yellow-orange color.
plant different ruggedness, rapidly growing and well adapted to poor soils, even.If you break off the stem at the root - it still grows back.Favourite places - the territory of the fence, fence, fallen trees, roads.
The plant belongs to the drug, without exception, its parts are poisonous!In no case can not use the juice of a plant for the treatment of internal undiluted!The mass of useful properties celandine requires a reasonable approach to the treatment and very careful use.
collection of raw materials, preparation
pharmaceutical industry produces a variety of dosage forms of plants (dry grass, oil, ointment), but the ubiquity celandine allow yourself to harvest it and use for therapeutic purposes.
All parts of the plant have medicinal value.The green parts are harvested during flowering - milled and dried in a dry and ventilated area or in an oven at 50 C and T used to prepare decoctions, infusions, tinctures.The second method - a drying plant completely (without roots), in a suspended form.Dry stalks should break with a crunch, and not to bend - it is the main sign of readiness to feed.The dried plant is stored in a dark, dry place, in fabric bags.
roots thoroughly washed from the ground, dried from water and then bind 3-5 pieces and hung in a dark dry place to dry.Storage dry root is also carried out in the dark and dry, and it can be used for 5 years after the preform.
from roots and fresh herbs squeezed juice, which is used to remove warts, genital warts and warts.
chemical composition of celandine
plant has a wealth of chemical composition, which determines the therapeutic effect.The roots contain chemicals at a higher concentration than the above-ground part.Older plants are also characterized by a higher concentration of chemicals compared with the young.We conclude that the raw material, extracted from young plants, has a softer effect and less toxic.
- alkaloids.Celandine contains about 20 alkaloids.This nitrogen-containing substances of organic nature, characterized by a high physiological activity.It is important to understand that in small doses alkaloids have a therapeutic effect, and are in large plant poisons.Action alkaloids varied:
- chelidonine acts like morphine, providing a calming and soothing effect;
- Homochelidonine has a pronounced analgesic effect;
- chelerythrine has local irritating action;
- sanguinarine activates the secretion of salivary glands and intestinal motility;
- protopine reduces the excitability of the autonomic nervous system.
- essential oils.These are complex mixtures of nitrogen-free substances, readily soluble in fats and alcohol.Esters celandine have anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antispasmodic effect, removing a spasm of blood vessels and smooth muscle fibers of the internal organs.
- Saponins - vegetable organic substances which form a stable foam when mixed with water.Has a calming and diuretic effect.
- amines (tyramine and histamine al.).They participate in the regulation of vital processes in the body, reducing blood pressure.
- Flavonoids - substance poorly soluble in water, having a yellow coloration.Have a pronounced antispasmodic effect on smooth muscle of blood vessels and organs.Enhances the activity of the organism against foreign agents, providing anti-allergy, anti-viral and anti-cancer effect.
- organic acids (citric, malic, succinic).Involved in metabolism.
- vitamins (C, B-carotene).Enhances immunity, have anti-viral, anti-oxidant and anti-cancer effect.
Celandine: useful properties and contraindications
The plant has a number of beneficial effects on the body, including:
- mild laxative
plant calms unequal system, helps reduce blood pressure and relieve spasms of smooth muscle fibers (antispasmodic effect).
should be noted that all forms of plants for indoor reception should be used carefully, watching the reaction of the body, and after consultation with the attending physician.The plant is poisonous!
Indications for use celandine are:
- diseases of the gallbladder and liver, associated with the stagnation of bile, intestinal weakness, chronic diseases of the stomach, kidney, (non-acute)
- inflammation rotor and throat, urinary tract
- psoriasis, eczema, fungal infection of nails and skin
- pimples, warts, papillomas, warts
celandine Medicinal properties have been used in the treatment of neuroses and depression.
Contraindications to the use of celandine
Once again, we note that all parts of the plant are poisonous!All options for indoor reception - a small dose of celandine, which in any case should not be exceeded.Any dosage form based on plants can be applied for 2 consecutive weeks, but no more!
Contraindications to the treatment celandine are the following states:
- Individual intolerance;
- Lactation (internal use);
- Children under the age of three (externally) and to 12 (internally);
- Serious mental disorders;
- Chronic constipation;
- Liver and stomach in the acute stage or severe;
- Heavy, long dysbiosis;
application of celandine Celandine Juice
juice is used for spot cautery such formations as warts, calluses, warts.Use it and to combat manifestations of lupus, at the initial stage.Apply three times per day, dot processing elements excluding contact with healthy skin.After the top layer will dry skin lesions, it should be gently scrubbed after water treatment prior to application of the juice.Juice
nasopharynx is used to treat diseases, sinusitis et al., Proceeding with inflammation.The nasal passages 2-3 drops instilled pas juice diluted in cooled boiled water (1: 2).
Fresh juice to get very simple - stem celandine is breaking into the thickest point, on a break once an orange liquid, which sear and skin formation.
for the future, young plants are dug out with roots, thoroughly washed to obtain the juice, cut into small pieces and passed through a meat grinder and squeeze the resulting mixture through cheesecloth.Ready juice is poured into a jar with a screw lid and put in a cool and dark place.After 4-5 days begin fermentation of juice, you need to open the cover and pull the gas, and then close the jar again.So to repeat 2-3 times during the following week.Ready juice should not release gas or bubble.You can use it for 3 years if stored properly - in the form of a sealed, cool and dark place.
All manipulations of the plant should be handled with gloves!
Infusion Infusion is used for internal use as an analgesic, diuretic and cholagogue, to improve metabolism and strengthen immunity.Effective broth to relieve spasms colic gastrointestinal tract, urinary and gallstones, jaundice.
To prepare 1 teaspoondry grass pour 200 ml of boiling water and insist 1:00.Take three times a day 1 tsp
alcohol tincture of celandine
is effective for the treatment of hypertension and neurosis.The recipe for the preparation of an alcohol tincture - 1 tbspdry raw pour vodka or alcohol in a volume of 200 ml and insist 2 weeks in darkness, filtered, and stored in the cold.Apply 5 drops, diluted 1 tablespoonwater, 2-3 times a day after meals.
Broth Broth is used for the treatment of acne and acne.1 tablespoondry raw pour 300 ml of water and boil on low heat for 5 minutes, ostuzhivayut, filtered and used for lotions that make the 15 minutes before bedtime to cleansed skin.It can be used on a daily basis - as a rule, the skin is cleansed of acne using celandine in a week.
Ointment Ointment is used to remove warts and corns, as well as psoriasis, eczema, genital warts and eliminate cosmetic issues such as pigmentation and freckles.
fresh juice of the plant, and white petrolatum are mixed in a ratio of 1: 4.Ointment is used dot, treating problematic elements 2-3 times a day.Store in a refrigerator (it is suitable for 2 years).
- It is used in the treatment of warts, papillomatosis, boils, herpes sores, corns, lichen, microbial eczema, psoriasis and even skin tuberculosis.The oil was applied to the affected area two times a day for 15 minutes, then wash composition residues.In a similar manner
- eliminate pimples, acne, pigmentation.
- For the treatment of nail fungus and skin steamed affected area and remove dead skin tissue, then apply oil to the skin and nails and leave for the night.
- Recommend oil and aging skin - 2-3 drops mixed with a face cream (volume required for a single application) and applied to the face 2 times a day.
- oil is used to treat vaginosis - a few drops applied on a tampon and inserted into the vagina at night, as well as external hemorrhoids - lubricate the hemorrhoids 2-3 times a day.
should be noted that the official medicine does not recognize the anti-cancer effect of celandine, but homeopaths, herbalists and folk lovers are actively promoting the plant as a cure for cancer, effective in the early stages of the disease, especially in breast cancer, bladder,pancreatic, colon and skin.
For the treatment of cancers of internal organs prepare the infusion: 1 tablespoondry raw pour 250 ml boiling water is kept in a thermos 1.5 hours, filter and take three times a day to 2 tablespoonsbefore meals.
For treatment of skin cancer ointment is prepared with 20% dry powder of plants, medical vaseline 70% and 10% lanolin.Ointment smeared formation on the skin 2-3 times a day.
Side effects and overdose of celandine
alkaloids that are part of the plant, even with a slight overdose can cause dizziness, vomiting, paralysis, convulsions, and even death from paralysis of the respiratory center.Long-term use of drugs plants leads to dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract and liver damage, which can be expressed in the form of nausea, vomiting, constipation, dysbacteriosis.
Side effects celandine at internal reception - a dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract (constipation, diarrhea), nausea, nausea, dizziness, weakness, insomnia, anxiety, hypotension.
External application of fresh juice in contact with it for healthy skin and mucous can lead to allergic reactions, burning, swelling and chemical burns of organic origin (redness, pain, itching).
For internal use of celandine is not compatible with the following groups of drugs:
- drugs based on digitalis (foxglove);
- morfinosoderzhaschie PM;
- drugs that reduce blood sugar.
External celandine can not be combined with drugs and compounds having similar effects.For example, one can use both plants and Juice liquid based on sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide for cauterization of warts.