the appointment of a doctor such as a drug Biseptolum, especially children (suspension), many are interested in the question - whether Biseptolum antibiotic or not?. Instruments such as nitroksolin, streptocid, ftalazol, Biseptol, metronidazole and other antibiotics are not - it antimicrobials.To distinguish them from the true antibiotics is:
- mechanism exposure to pathogens
- overall impact on the body
Antibiotics - a semi-synthetic drugs or natural origin, which have antimicrobial activity, and Biseptolum - fully synthesized drug belonging to the pharmacological group of sulfonamides, which have traditionally been referred to as antibacterial chemotherapy.
Antibiotics kill bacteria or inhibit their growth and reproduction.Sulfonamide embedded in the structure of organisms instead of parabens, and disrupt metabolic processes and vital functions, growth and reproduction of bacteria.Despite the similarity of the mechanisms of action, sulfonamides (Biseptol) antibiotics are
sulfonamides are the first systemic antimicrobial agents.Their use for 65 years has provoked the emergence of the mass of microbial strains that have become resistant (resistant) to them.Increase the sensitivity of bacteria able to create combination products combining these antimicrobials with trimethoprim - Co-trimoxazole (analogues Biseptolum - suspension price of 110 rubles, Table 30-70 rubles, Bactrim -. The price of 170 rubles, BBC septin, Brifeseptol, Dvaseptol, Duo-septol), and this group includes Sulfalen, Sulfadimetoksin, Sulfaetidol.
In some cases, in the event of infectious diseases, pathogens which are sensitive to the drugs in this group is still assigned Biseptolum, particularly with urinary tract infections, and for the prevention of AIDS on the background of Pneumocystis pneumonia.
Biseptolum and other sulfonamides in recent years, are not widely used in medical practice.The advent of modern broad-spectrum antibiotics, the active use of fluoroquinolones, has led to the use of sulfonamides significantly reduced.
Indications and contraindications to the use Biseptol
Biseptolum and its analogs are shown in diseases when picked sensitivity of pathogens to co-trimoxazole.Sulfonamides inhibit the growth of some of the simplest - toxoplasmosis, malaria, as well as Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, chlamydia, so apply at:
- ENT diseases - otitis in children, sinusitis (see antibiotics for sinusitis.)
- Infectious diseases of the genitourinary system,chancroid, urethritis, pyelonephritis, cystitis (all pills cystitis), prostatitis (treatment of prostatitis with antibiotics), salpingo-ophoritis, gonorrhea
- Diseases of the respiratory tract - Pneumocystis pneumonia, acute and chronic bronchitis, lung abscess
- soft tissue infections and skin - pyoderma, abrasions
- Toxoplasmosis - in the treatment of osteomyelitis, acute brucellosis
- Infectious diseases gastrointestinal - diarrhea travelers, dysentery (dysentery symptoms), typhoid fever, cholera, paratyphoid
contraindicated Biseptolum and its analogs, when:
- Severe renal and hepatic failure
- hyperbilirubinemia in children
- Simultaneous treatment with dofetilide
- Pregnancy and lactation
- children's age - for a suspension of up to 2 months for tablets, capsules - 3 years
- Severe blood diseases -anemia with a deficit of folic acid, aplastic anemia, leukopenia, B12-deficiency anemia, megaloblastic anemia, agranulocytosis
- Hypersensitivity to trimethoprim, sulfonamides and components preparations
- deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase
- Precautions to carry out reception at a bronchial asthma, diseasesthyroid with folate deficiency.
Side effects Biseptol
- syndromes occur on the skin (hives, rash), and thus affected the liver, destroying it may develop hepatitis, cholestatic jaundice.
- development of aplastic anemia
- Renal impairment, polyuria, hematuria, increased concentrations of urea.
- fever, allergic cough, allergic myocarditis, bronchospasm.
- possible anaphylaxis, anemia, thrombocytopenia.
- Headache, tremor, dizziness, rarely aseptic meningitis, peripheral neuritis.
- Vomiting, nausea, pancreatitis, gastritis, stomatitis.
- Depression, apathy.
- myalgia, arthralgia.
Myths Biseptol and other sulfonamides
Myth 1 - Sulfonamide virtually harmless and have no side effects
Self Biseptol and other sulfonamides totally unacceptable.They have a mass of side effects, primarily have a toxic effect on the liver and kidneys, are dangerous to pregnant women can cause allergic reactions, aplastic anemia and so on. However, the risk of intestinal dysbiosis during their application is significantly lower than when using antibiotics.Biseptolum in Europe and the United States banned the use of children under 12 years.
cotrimoxazole - a drug-leading side-effects, life-threatening.Medical Academy of Denmark, found that Biseptolum (cotrimoxazole) depressing effect on the blood, resulting in a condition where bone marrow does not produce the vital white blood cells - granulocytes, ieto aplastic anemia.This severe impairment of hematopoiesis, about which patients die without treatment within a few months.Aplastic anemia provokes complete atrophy of the bone marrow and the severity of the disease, it is on par with the blood cancer.
Myth 2 - Biseptolum reduces the risk of complications of influenza and SARS
Biseptolum creates prevention of complications of influenza, as many believe and is not used for the treatment of influenza and viral diseases (see Flu-like symptoms in adults like to recover from the flu.).
Myth 3 - sulfonamides very harmful, so they should be used for 2-3 days until it becomes easier and more it is not necessary to poison the body
to sulfonamides quickly developing bacterial resistance and interrupt the course prescribed by a doctor at therapeutic doses is not acceptable.It is fraught with the development of sustainability in the future to sulfonamides (see. How to take antibiotics).
Myth 4 - Biseptolum in tablets, capsules, you can not drink water, chew or swallow whole
Since this group of drugs can cause renal dysfunction, when used should be drinking plenty of fluids, alkaline better.Receiving Biseptolum can sometimes clog the urinary tract insoluble crystals, especially in acidic urine, and therefore should drink tablets, and consume large amounts of liquid.
Myth 5 - Biseptolum is an antibiotic - we dispelled this myth, moreover, sulfonamides performance significantly inferior to modern antibiotics.