Smecta - a modern antidiarrheals with adsorbent action.Today it is a first aid medication to stop diarrhea from any cause in the child and adult, in addition it reduces the pain with diarrhea and other disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
the presence of the indications for use of Smecta it can even be used for the treatment of infants, it is very valuable because of diarrhea in children is not a very large selection of safe medicinal products, contributing to the treatment of bowel disorders.
The instructions for use of Smecta stated that it is a natural enterosorbent, which contributes quite rapid excretion of toxins, pathogenic bacteria, viruses, harmful substances.
Because of its natural origin, this tool is very well tolerated by both young children and adults, it allows parents to taste without too much difficulty even to treat a small child.The therapeutic dosage of Smecta do not have a negative effect on intestinal motility.Thus, the guide to the use of Smecta for children and adults:
Smecta made bags with powder for making suspensions in one bag, weighing 3 grams.contains:
- Active ingredients: 3 c.dioctahedral smectite is a double magnesium aluminum silicate.
- Excipients: orange powder for suspension - vanilla and orange flavor, sodium saccharin, dextrose monohydrate, vanilla powder for suspension - vanillin, sodium saccharin, dextrose monohydrate.
- Smecta 10 bags on average in pharmacies - 140-160 rub.
- Smecta 30 bags of 320-360 rubles.
- Neosmektin (vanilla, raspberry, orange) price of 100-130 rubles per pack of 10.
- Diosmektin 100-120 rubles.10 pack.and 290 rubles.30 pack.
Smecta - this powder is grayish yellow, grayish-white color with a pleasant mild scent of orange or vanilla.
Smecta - is antidiarrhoeal agent, naturally occurring aluminum silicate (porous clay), which has a strong adsorbing action.This material stabilizes the gastrointestinal mucosal barrier, increases mucus glycoproteins with slime forming polyvalent communication reduces the negative effects of toxins, pathogens, bile salts, hydrochloric acid, hydrogen ions, since toxic compound binds and removes them from feces.
Since the active ingredient Smecta has discoid-crystalline structure, it has a selective sorption properties, and adsorbs only bacteria, viruses, toxins found in the lumen of the gastrointestinal tract, that is not absorbed by the body, and comes from the gut, along with chemicals and harmful substances.Before the drug at therapeutic doses, there is no negative impact on intestinal motility.
dioctahedral smectite does not stain the chair and is radiolucent.Even in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, colitis and colonopathy, aluminum, which is part of the smectite is not absorbed from the intestine.The active ingredient of the drug appears unchanged, not absorbed.
- Hypersensitivity is rare, mainly in children on vanilla or orange flavoring
- Since the composition contains organic sugar, the drug is contraindicated in:
- fructose intolerance
- saharazno-izomaltaznoy failure
- glucose-galactose malabsorption
- intestinal obstruction and severe chronic constipation - the weakening of the intestinal peristalsis, as a side effect of the smectite can cause constipation, so if intestinal obstruction and severe constipation, the drug is contraindicated.
Smekta- indications for use of the drug
Smecta advantage in comparison to other means when diarrhea is its safety and ability to use for children from birth, as well as adults.The main indications for the use of Smecta:
- Food poisoning (. Cm treatment of food poisoning)
- allergic, drug acute or chronic diarrhea
- diarrhea caused by taking antibiotics, because of the multiplication of opportunistic bacteria
- Severe intestinal infections caused byvarious pathogens: cholera, ehsherihioza (E. coli), Campylobacter, klostridioz, dysentery, salmonellosis, gastro-intestinal flu - in the complex therapy
- Diarrhea caused by poor-quality food, malnutrition mode
- Easing the symptoms of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (cholecystitis, gastritis, colitis, stomach ulcers, etc.) -. flatulence, bloating, heartburn, discomfort in the bowel area.
Among all known enterosorbents today Smecta distinguished by the fact that its unique properties are scientifically proven and confirmed by numerous studies:
- Today, rotavirus infection results in frequent outbreaks in organized groups - from pre-school and school children, and to alladsorbents Smecta only able to withdraw from the gut more than 85% of rotavirus, caught in the body.
- Smecta acts not only as enterosorbent, but also because of the natural basis of silicon (the presence of potassium cations, magnesium, sodium), it has an almost therapeutic effect as Regidron saline solution.Against the background of intestinal diseases imbalance of minerals and a deficit in the body of sodium, potassium, magnesium - this is partly compensated by taking smectite.
- Since Smecta increases the number and density of mucus, the drug creates a better protection of the GI tract wall from the effects of harmful, irritants and toxins, which reduces the duration of diarrhea, colic and severity of pain does not develop bleeding, it facilitates the overall condition of the person, reducing the intensity of intoxication.
- There is intensive cleansing of the intestinal bacteria and toxins, and therefore, improves the process of digestion and assimilation of nutrients, and people recovering from illness faster.
Dosing and Administration Smecta for children and adults
General recommendations on the use of Smecta:
According to the instructions for use Smecta children, infants (from birth) should be the contents of one sachet dissolved in 50 ml.bottle in warm water or infant formula, compote, mashed potatoes, porridge, gradually adding and uniformly mixing the powder to form a uniform liquid or puree.
If so drink the child is not able to, can be diluted with less water or give in divided doses.But breeding facility should be immediately before use, and do not store the solution in the bottle a few hours.If the child does not like the taste and smell of Smecta, try to replace it with a softer Neosmektin.Adults
powder to be dissolved in a glass of warm water of 0.5, and with the gradual addition and thorough stirring powder.
How to drink Smecta?
drug should be consumed 3 p / day dosage, according to the severity of diarrhea, usually a course must be at least 3 days, and not more than 7 days.Since the powder is Smecta enterosorbent, the optimal effect is achieved when it is used between meals, with the exception of the use of Smecta with esophagitis (heartburn) - after eating.
dosage and duration of treatment is not dependent on the weight or age of the patient, but only the intensity of intoxication and severity of intestinal infection, poisoning or an allergic reaction, and varied:
- 1-2 sachet 1 reception
- 1-6 sachets per day
- of a single dose of up to 7 days (average 3-5 days)
Considering its adsorption properties, can not be taken simultaneously with the smectite other drugs, so as not to reduce the absorption of drugs.
In acute diarrhea use of Smecta:
- Infants up to 1 year: 3 days for 2 bags / day, then 1 sachet / day
- Children over 1 year: 3 days at 4 bags / day, then 2 bags /day
- Adults - 6 sachets / day
With other diseases:
- Infants up to 1 year: 1 sachet / day
- Children 1-2 years old: 1-2 sachets / day
- Children older than 2years: 2-3 sachets / day
- Adults: 3 bags / day
Application Smecta during pregnancy
Investigation of the effect of the drug on the development of the fetus showed no adverse effect, and lactation is not a contraindication to the use of Smecta.Therefore, during pregnancy, the use of this drug is permitted, because it is not absorbed into blood and has an effect on the fetus.
This gentle remedy for flatulence, bloating, heartburn during pregnancy, but because of the risk of constipation, smectite is best to take one-off and it is not desirable for more than 3 days.In case of diarrhea in pregnant women, should determine the cause and to use the drug only on prescription.At the same time correction mode and dosage is not required.
Allergic reactions, chronic administration or overdose may cause constipation.
Interactions with other drugs
Like any enetrosorbent, Smecta drug reduces the extent and speed of the suction while taking drugs, so you can not take other medicines at the same time with the smectite.
should be used with caution Smecta powder for patients with severe chronic constipation character in history.Be sure to observe the interval between meals and use of the drug in 1-2 hours.
In acute diarrhea in adults, in children, especially infants, have to made a set of measures for rehydration, which is assigned depending on the age, the nature, severity of diarrhea and individual patient characteristics.
Not more than 25 ° C storage temperature, out of reach of children.
Do not use more than 3 years from the date of manufacture of the drug Smecta.
France, Bofur Ipsen Industrie, 28100, Dre, Rue Et Virton
| || || |
| || || || |
| || || |
| || || || |