Citrine or correct name Tsetrin - a 3rd generation antihistamine, which is indicated for a variety of allergic reactions in children and adults.It is considered the safest and most effective way to relieve allergy symptoms.
release dosage form: tablets, film-coated, the syrup in bottles.
Dosage: 10 mg, 10 tablets in a blister, 2 or 3 blisters in a carton box.Syrup 60 ml and 30 ml.
International Nonproprietary Name: Cetirizine
Group: Means for treatment of the respiratory system
FarmGruppa: antihistamines oral
composition, the release form
- Tsetrin tablets in the instructions given - it's round, biconcavetablets, coated white shell with Valium on one party.
Each table.It comprises: 10 mg.cetirizine dihydrochloride.
Excipients: sorbic acid, lactose, corn starch, dimethicone, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide, talc, povidone (K-30), polysorbate 80, macrogol 6000
Price Citrine tablets - average pharmacies 140-220 rubles.
- Citrine syrup - colorl
in 1 ml of syrup contains: 1 mg of cetirizine dihydrochloride.Excipients
: purified water, glycerol, disodium edetate, sucrose, benzoic acid, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution 70%, fruit flavoring.
Price syrup Tsetrin - 120 -130 rubles.
Citrine in droplets is performed.
Analogs Tsetrina: Zetrinal, Zintset, Zyrtec, Zodak, Letizen S, Parlazin, Alerza, Allertek, Analergin (all preparations are made in the form of - drops, solution, tablet, syrup).
blocker of H1-histamine receptors, anti-allergic agent.Serotonin and cholinergic receptors does not block.Has anti-allergic action, does not penetrate the blood-brain barrier when used as intended in therapeutic doses, the drug has no significant sedation.
Active ingredient Cetirizine affects all stages of an allergic reaction and early, and late, reduces migration of neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils.Therefore, the drug and facilitates the existing allergic reactions, and prevents their appearance, has a strong protivoekssudativnoe and antipruritic action.
addition, reduces spasms of smooth muscles, reduces the permeability of capillaries, delaying the appearance of tissue edema.When cold allergy effectively eliminate skin reaction and the introduction of specific allergens or histamine.If not severe asthma reduces bronchoconstriction gistaminoindutsirovannuyu.
not have antiserotoninovym and anticholinergic action.After taking the drug effect after 20 minutes in 5% of patients, and an hour later at 95%, the duration of anti-histamine action over 24 hours.It is important that the course of treatment tolerance cetirizine does not develop.Even after treatment antihistamine effect persists for 3 days.
Simultaneous administration with food has no effect on the absorption and distribution of the drug, it is well absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract.Maximum concentration in the blood occurs by 1 hour after dosing.Tsetrin binds to plasma proteins, partially metabolized in the liver, are not cumulated.
half-life is 10 hours, may be increased in the elderly and people with liver disease by 50%, in children 2 years of age - 3hours, 2-6 years - 5 hours, 6-12 years - 6 hours.More than 2/3 of the drug is excreted by the kidneys in the urine in unchanged form, with feces - 10%.Penetrates into breast milk during lactation.
Tsetrin appointed to relieve allergy symptoms in adults and children (syrup 2 years, tablet-6 years):
- with periodic, seasonal and chronic allergic conjunctivitis, rhinitis (conjunctival hyperemia, allergic rhinitis, sneezing)
- with hay fever - hay fever (itching, sneezing, watery eyes)
- with skin ulcers of various etiologies
- with angioedema (angioedema)
- with atopic asthma
- in itching dermatoses - neurodermatitis (atopic dermatitis)
study of risks of negative effects on offspring in animals did not reveal any adverse effects on the fetus.Since adequate studies to identify risk to the fetus during pregnancy was conducted in humans, according to the instructions Tsetrin contraindicated for women during pregnancy and nursing (lactation).
- At any stage of pregnancy
- When lactation
- case of hypersensitivity to the components of the drug (to hydroxyzine including)
- Children under 2 years in a syrup for children up to 6 years in tablets.
With caution should be used Citrine persons with moderate and severe renal insufficiency, and the necessary correction of dosing regimen.Also take care in childhood, because insufficient experience of use in children under 1 year, the elderly, since a possible reduction in glomerular filtration.
dosage, method of application
- Tsetrin tablets - for children older than 6 years and adults daily dose is 10 mg.(1 tablet per day) is used in an adult one reception by kids floor 2 tablets twice a day or one tablet every 1 day.The tablets should be taken with a little water.If disrupted kidney function, as a rule, the dose is reduced to 2 times a day may use 1/2 of the tablet.
- Tsetrin syrup - Inside, squeezed a small amount of water, regardless of meals, preferably in the evening, before bedtime.
children after 6 years of age and adults - 10 ml syrup Citrine one p / day, perhaps 2 p / day to 5 ml.Children 2-6 years old - 5 ml.1 r / day or 2.5 ml.two p / day, depending on the individual response and on the severity of the allergic reaction.Individuals with impaired renal function, 5 ml.syrup Tsetrin 1p / day, and in severe renal insufficiency 5 ml.syrup in a day.
- Children with a body weight up to 30 kg recommended 1 scoop - 5 ml.syrup
- Over 30 kg - 2 scoops - 10 ml.syrup.
drug is in most cases well tolerated, with minimal side effects.
- the part of the central nervous system: in rare cases headache, migraine, weakness, drowsiness, dizziness, agitation.
- part of the intestine : discomfort in the digestive system, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, flatulence, dry mouth.
- Other : very rarely - allergic reactions such as urticaria, pruritus, rash, angioedema.
Overdose: With substantial overdose Tsetrina when therapeutic doses exceeding 30-40 times there - skin rash, itching, drowsiness, anxiety, urinary retention, fatigue, weakness, tremor, constipation, dry mouth, tachycardia.The normalization condition occurs after gastric lavage, symptomatic therapy is prescribed, if necessary.Hemodialysis is ineffective.No specific antidote.
Interaction with other medicinal products
pharmacokinetic interactions with azithromycin, ketoconazole, pseudoephedrine, erythromycin, cimetidine, diazepam, glipezidom not found.Co-administration with theophylline reduces total clearance Tsetrina, theophylline kinetics have not changed.The joint appointment with sedatives should be careful.Myelotoxic drugs may enhance haematotoxicity medication.
When using the drug at the recommended doses, it does not potentiates (increases) the effects of ethanol, but while taking cetirizine, alcohol consumption is not recommended.At therapeutic doses, Citrine has no effect on the ability to react quickly.However, when the dose exceeds 10 mg / day may have an impact on the speed of psychomotor reactions.Therefore, when working on management mechanisms, when driving and during the occupation activities that require high concentration of attention, care should be taken.
If you took Citrine, a review of the drug can be very useful to our readers, you can leave it in the comments.