In clinical practice enough when on-site injuries, fractures, gunshot wounds, burns over time develop a tumor, so there is a hypothesis that chronic mechanical or thermal tissue irritation results further in oncology in placedamage.Thus, it is considered that:
- prolonged presence of stones in the gall bladder, bladder, kidney stones, renal pelvis - increase the risk of tumors in these organs
- chronic injury prostheses or carious teeth - a cancer of the oral mucosa
- scarsburns and injuries - skin cancer
- constant thermal tissue damage leading to domestic skin cancer (cancer "Kangri»)
However, opponents of this theory cite the fact that, for example, after the world wars, multiple trauma and injuries do not lead to"epidemic" of Oncology, and rare cases of cancer at the site of injury was only a coincidence.
Supporters cancer communication theory and injury claim that mechanical damage play a role in the origin of the tumor is not immediately, but in 10-20 years.Injury itself does not lead to
- tumor growth stimulation - known that cell proliferation in a state extremely susceptible to carcinogen, and because proliferation occurs after tissue trauma, it contributes to the acceleration of cancer.Especially dangerous damage, resulting in chronic inflammation of tissues, while increasing factors stimulating carcinogenesis.
- Inhibition of tumor development - too intense damage leads to cell death, that is the target for the effects of carcinogen killed and tumor growth occurs.
effect of injury, provoking oncology, depends on the duration and strength of the damaging effects.A single exposure to a lesser extent stimulate carcinogenesis than repeated or prolonged tissue damage, for example:
- if a long time rubbing prostheses - skin cancer
- if a long time, many shoemakers receive needlesticks finger in the same place, then developspinotsellyulyarnaya carcinoma.
interesting also is a fact, as liver damage (an important organ of metabolism in the body), which may lead to the development of tumors in other organs.Animal experiments show that:
- introduction of carbon tetrachloride (hepatotoxic poison) leads to esophageal cancer, kidney cancer in rats - this is due to the changing nature of metabolism due to liver damage.
- liver cirrhosis in rats not treated with the carcinogen, violation of hormone metabolism leads to breast cancer.
foregoing indicates inconsistency and complexity in determining the dependence of injury and carcinogenesis.But clearly, that the formation of cancer risk, individuals should consider various lesions obtained both in domestic and in industrial environments.