Japanese researchers have conducted a study which showed that the widely advertised electronic cigarettes for people who have decided to quit smoking, contain almost 10 times more carcinogens than ordinary tobacco cigarettes.According to Business Insider, studied the fluid in these smoking devices and found that in them a huge amount of formaldehyde and acetaldehyde.
One of the authors of the study from the National Institutes of Health Naoki Kunugita (Naoki Kunigita) said that carcinogen levels in one of the brands of electronic cigarettes is 10 times higher than in the traditional.Especially increasing their concentration and thus damage to health in case of overheating of a cigarette.
The Government of Japan has already decided the issue of strict regulation in the country market of electronic cigarettes.WHO in August 2014 also called for a ban on the sale of such devices to pregnant women and young people and encourages them to restrict advertising.
But not all so simple
Electronic Cigarette is an inhaler with inhalation into the body by airborne droplets enters the liquid with nicotine, bringing the sensations smoking of a conventional cigarette.Depending on the purpose of the smoker, may contain different doses of nicotine can not contain it at all.And if there is no nicotine, no combustion products - it means no harm to health (see genetic mutations occur from smoking for 20 years before lung cancer.).
And if a man was determined to put an end to the harmful dependency on nicotine such cigarettes (even if not less harmful), but with the gradual abolition of intake of nicotine, can help a person cope with the craving for tobacco smoking.And then people will simply refuse to and from electronic simulation.
Electronic cigarettes should not be advertised as a safe fashion to health means imitation of smoking for teenagers, and should serve as a smooth smoking cessation for those who want to quit smoking as an alternative to nicotine patches, chewing gum and so forth.
What say producers and advertising?
smoking a cigarette 100% simulates conventional smoking - cigarette smoke also releases the power of which depends on the tightening force and the smoker feels as taste as when smoking.Since nicotine or does not enter the body or comes in limited quantities, it helps a smoking cessation with the least discomfort and stress.
High-tech simulators smoking are fine, standard, in the form of a mouthpiece or electronic tube.They can be refilled supposedly harmless smoking liquid - no nicotine, low nicotine level, medium or strong.One such cartridge, depending on the model is equivalent to 15-30 cigarettes.
case for electronic cigarettes:
- Swiss experts Geneva University found in one study that 95% of the electronic cigarette has helped smokers to quit smoking tobacco cigarettes with the help of a smooth transition from e-cigarettes with nicotine in the nicotine cartridge.
- No tar and combustion products - it means light pollution as from regular cigarettes, it does not occur.
- can smoke in places where smoking is prohibited, such as a cigarette odor, and leaves no smoke.
- cartridge kit cost no more than the cost of a pack of cigarettes, then there is no additional cost, except for non-recurring costs for the purchase of the device.
- Unlike tobacco cigarettes is very convenient for the smoker - no risk of burning and falling ash on clothing and other items, you can not quit finished his in his pocket, the smoker is not necessary to pick up trash and cigarette butt, do not need an ashtray.
- Various studies or even rumors about the dangers of electronic cigarettes, and perhaps exaggerated, spread by the tobacco manufacturers who are interested in reducing the demand for tools that reduce the need to smoke consumers of their products.
Arguments against them:
- Japanese and American researchers claim exceeds safe level of carcinogens in electronic cigarettes.
- Psychological habit (tightened, release the air, something in your hand and pull to the mouth) does not suppress such a cigarette, that is dependent on it remains, as well as material costs almost comparable to conventional cigarettes.
- cloud of vapor cigarettes are not banned in public places, but this does not mean that simulated smoke irritates the people around them.
- Psychological conviction in the absence of harm to health may result in more frequent and longer smoking that reinforces the habit is something to keep in his mouth.
- This product is not subject to mandatory certification, so do not exclude the risk of the market counterfeit and substandard devices are hazardous to health.
If a product is subject to mandatory certification, in its composition must comply with the rules of various substances, in traditional cigarettes such rules strictly prescribed by WHO.The fact that there are no harmful substances in a cigarette is supported only by advertising and manufacturers declarations.In addition, complete testing of electronic cigarettes WHO have not been conducted, but they were tested by experts, doctors from independent research organizations in different countries.
Video: What makes modern tobacco cigarettes