Uterine polyps are benign growths or lobular hyperplasia of the endometrium.Due to the proliferation of the mucous membrane in the uterus can appear as single or multiple polyps (polyps) on a thin leg or on a broad basis.The most severe symptoms of polyps in the uterus are uterine bleeding, as well as education can cause infertility or recurrent occurrence of pain in women.Treatment consists of surgical removal of his different methods.
disease is diagnosed by ultrasound, gynecological examination, hysteroscopy, histology.The size of tumors may be from a sesame seed to a golf ball.Most endometrial polyps in the uterus combined with cervical polyps.The reasons for the formation of polyps doctors see in hormonal disorders, and inflammation of the endometrium, which is possible at any age, so their emergence occurs in young girls and women in the period before menopause (see. The first signs of menopause), clinical cases of such tumors are 6-20% of all gynecological pathologies.Because polyps Gynecolo
What are uterine polyps are the most dangerous?
By their morphological structure of the polyps are divided into:
- Glandular - they consist of endometrial tissue, consisting of glands and the largest number is found in women at a young age
- Fibroids - consists of dense connective tissue with occasional solitary glands, are atwomen after 40 years
- glandular fibrosis - a mixture of glands and connective tissue, occur in women over 35 years
- Adenomatous - the most dangerous types of polyps as glandular epithelium in this case has the features of proliferation, ie the beginning of the origin of the cancer cells, which requiresspecial scrutiny, and in fact is a precancerous condition.(See signs of cervical cancer.)
uterine polyps have the following structure - central vascular channel, the endometrial glands and stroma.The foot consists of thick-walled vessels and fibrous stroma and epithelium covered the surface of tumors.Prolonged existence polyps, they can infect, ulcerated, necrotic, and they can occur in the cell changes, the cell passages one tissue to another, i.e. ozlokachestvlyatsya.
particular note are those of their species as placental, which are formed from the elements of the placenta, which may remain after a difficult birth, complications of abortion, as well as after a miscarriage or missed abortion.In this type of polyps in the uterus symptoms are severe and prolonged bleeding, leading to infection, and even infertility.
Why do I get polyps in the uterus
main reason for the growth in the basal layer of the endometrium are to inflammatory changes and hormonal disorders.
- Hormonal disorders
disorder hormone, namely estrogen increased allocation, as well as ovarian dysfunction lead to focal hyperplasia of the inner layer of the uterus, the endometrium thickens and therefore there are polyps.Since these disorders can lead not only to polyposis, in women with ovarian dysfunction and estrogen are mastitis, uterine fibroids, polycystic ovarian, endometrial glandular hyperplasia.
- Inflammatory processes of the female genital organs
Any chronic diseases of the female reproductive system such as adnexitis (oophoritis, oophoritis, refer to inflammation of the appendages:. Symptoms, Treatment), endometritis, and other sexually transmitted infections, especially chronic diseases, are also causes of polyps in the uterus.
- Mechanical injury
Any gynecological manipulations, unsuccessful surgical abortion, frequent abortions, diagnostic curettage, prolonged use of an intrauterine device, etc. Are also at risk to develop benign tumors.
- Other systemic diseases
Women with symptoms of diabetes, obesity, hypertension, immune disorders, mental disorders, thyroid disease and are at risk of occurrence of polyps.
Signs and symptoms
to What kind of buildings and may have been a polyp in the uterus, the symptoms are similar in all cases.First, at small its size, the presence of tumors does not manifest itself, as it is increasing, as well as the duration of existence, may experience the following symptoms:
- plentiful monthly, brown discharge before menstruation, and painful periods
- uterine bleeding, which can be both acyclic and cyclic
- spotting between periods
- Painful intercourse and spotting after sex
- bleeding in postmenopausal women
- With frequent uterine bleeding a woman may suffer from anemia, and there are dizziness,pale skin, weakness
- when large amounts of polyps, the symptoms can be complemented by the appearance of pain in the abdomen, the release of pathological cables mucous character, cramping pain and pain during intercourse
- in young women if any may occur persistent infertility or when a threat of pregnancyinterruptions, as well as the risk of premature birth.
polyps symptoms resemble symptoms of uterine fibroids, endometriosis, so any discomfort, irregular menstruation, heavy menstruation should undergo a thorough examination by a gynecologist.
How to identify polyps?
Before you assign diagnostic procedures gynecologist collects the patient's medical history, reproductive and gynecological, and then carries out a vaginal examination, directs ultrasound uterography and hysteroscopy, diagnostic curettage with endometrial histological study.
- Gynecologic vaginal examination to determine only cervical polyps in the uterus as they can not be palpated or visually inspect, other methods are used for this purpose.However, the presence of cervical polyps, more likely to develop tumors in the uterus itself.
- ultrasound should also be carried out purposefully focuses on the expansion of the uterus, the endometrium thickens when polyps and growths seen clear mucous, and they are a homogeneous structure.
- most informative research - a hysteroscopy, when the inspection of the uterine cavity is made flexible thin device with a video camera, it is administered through the cervical canal into the uterine cavity.Using this procedure, we can determine the location, number of polyps dimensions.They may be yellowish, pale pink, and dark purple, be single or multiple, round or oblong.During this procedure, perhaps a one-time removal of a single polyp under the control of the camcorder and the subsequent morphological study to establish an accurate diagnosis.
- Diagnostic curettage also performed to obtain tissue for research.
- uterography - is an x-ray of the uterus, which is held with a contrast agent, in this case determined by the rough outlines of the cavity and visualized polyps.
Treatment of polyps in the uterus
most modern and the best way to treat polyps in the uterus is by far the endoscopic polypectomy.This procedure occurs during hysteroscopy with subsequent diagnostic curettage.If a polyp on a stalk, by unscrewing it is removed and the mounting place cauterize liquid nitrogen (cryogenic method) or electrocoagulation, this is done to avoid relapses.Then, after such a procedure after 3-4 days is necessary to conduct a control histological ultrasound.
Before planning the treatment of polyps, a woman should always be tested on all sexual infections - yeast infection in women, chlamydia in women, gonorrhea, mycoplasmosis, trichomoniasis, and microscopic, onkotsitologicheskoe and bacteriological smear from the vagina and cervix.
Over the next 10 days after hysteroscopic removal of polyps woman feels cramping in the abdomen, as well as spotting from the vagina.In order to avoid complications and infection control, should refrain from taking a bath, saunas, steam rooms, from sexual intercourse, do not use tampons and do not make any independent procedures (eg douching).
Subsequent treatment depends on the histological examination of the removed material, as well as on the degree of violation of the menstrual cycle, the woman's age.If a polyp was removed fibrous, and menstrual dysfunction did not occur, then in such a polyp endometrial cancer treatment is limited only by polypectomy.
Women with glandular-fibrous and glandular polyps regardless of age after removal require hormone therapy, for this they prescribe oral contraception (Yarina, regulon, Janine, Jess, Dimia), progestin therapy - Duphaston, Utrozhestan, Norkolut)"Mirena" possible to install an intrauterine device.
When detected adenomatous polyp, women showed removal of the uterus, especially in premenopausal women or postmenopazualnogo age.This made the extirpation or amputation supravaginal.
Treatment folk remedies
Unfortunately, the high efficiency of treatment of folk remedies at polyps in the uterus does not.A woman, especially after 40 years to realize that without histological examination neoplasms, engage in treatment of tumors in the uterus without surgery alone, herbs, homeopathy, it is dangerous.
At detection of any tumors, be sure to find out whether there are changes in the cells of mutation, because if adenomatous polyps, neither of which popular treatments can be no question, this is essentially a question of a woman's life.In our time, the tension of cancer increases the risk of degeneration of any tumors in oncology, even in young women, so do not waste time, refusing to remove, hoping to traditional methods.
Everyone knows that oncology is easier and much more effective to treat a zero or 1 degree of development than in a state of neglect.To delay the removal of the tumor can not be dangerous.But after the removal, on doctor's advice, fitoterapevta to maintain immunity, hormonal balance is possible to use various folk remedies, such as Borova matka- indications for use, celandine.
But it is also necessary to remember that herbal medicines - are the same drugs, with a mass of side effects and contraindications.In addition, herbs can cause allergic reactions are not less than any medication.Before using any means necessary to hand over analyzes on hormones and use herbs only schemes proposed phytotherapeutist.
- Golden mustache
Pour 50 joints golden mustache 500 ml.vodka, leave for 10 days.Admission is 20 drops, dilute 1/3 part water, 2 / day for half an hour before a meal.After a month of this treatment, it is necessary to make 10 day break, you can spend up to 5 of these courses.
- treatment celandine
This is a very well-known for a long time means, which is used in various skin diseases, as well juice helps Celandine of warts, but it should be remembered that this herb is poisonous, and its use should be extremely careful.Celandine treat polyps can use douches (see. How to do douching and whether to do it at all), but most gynecologists consider washing procedure of the vaginal mucosa by any means is not highly desirable and even ineffective.In this regard, the decision to use or not to accept a woman douching after consultation with the attending physician.Recipe tincture for douching simple - in a quart jar superimposed celandine and poured boiling water, cook once the water has cooled to normal temperature, the procedure can be carried out.Irrigation is performed 1 time per day in the evening for 2 weeks, followed by a 2 week break.Learn more about the useful properties and contraindications celandine.
- Vitex sacred
Also called Abram Monash pepper or wood, glass 70% alcohol is poured 50 g.dried fruits, insist 2 weeks, shaking regularly, then take 30 drops 1/4 Art.water for 1 hour before a meal p 3 / day.Treatment is carried out only in the 2nd phase of the cycle, thus there is an increase in progesterone production.Admission is carried out for 3-4 months.
- Cranberry, nettle, and rose hips
nettle and rose hips for 6 spoons and 4 h. Tablespoons cranberries, must first be thoroughly crushed, and then pour a mixture of 1 tbsp.boiling water, insisting 3 hour infusion drink 0.5 cups 3 p / day.