Bronchitis - a common disease, which in recent years, the population is chronic and symptoms of bronchitis in adults are diverse and depend on many factors.
Before treatment of bronchitis need to find out the root cause of the disease.Unfortunately, antibiotics for bronchitis in adults appointed empirically, and under certain conditions of their appointment entirely inappropriate.
known that bronchitis without antibiotics can be easily treated if the inflammation has a viral origin, since the virus is not treated with antibacterial agents.
If, during the SARS antibiotics - it only prevents the protective mechanisms of the body to fight the virus, they depress the immune system, lead to the development of dysbiosis, allergies, microorganisms develop resistance to the drug.
Depending on the type of bronchitis, the doctor prescribes the appropriate treatment:
- bronchitis Acute bronchitis
This inflammatory process in the bronchi, which occurs most often in the background of SARS and infl
- Chronic bronchitis
If the number of days of illness for two years more than three months, a chronic bronchitis believe.It is characterized by a strong cough with mucus.This can be attributed to smoking (see. Lung cancer and smoking), occupational exposures, allergic reactions and respiratory infections.
Separately allocated atypical forms of bronchitis. mycoplasma and chlamydia bronchitis - a special type of inflammation of the bronchi and lungs, which are caused by such atypical pathogens, like Chlamydia and Mycoplasma.In recent years, these were more likely to be diagnosed bronchitis.Mycoplasma and Chlamydia pneumonia and bronchitis are developed slowly, accompanied by intoxication, are recurrent and protracted, difficult to treat.In patients observed in addition to cough high fever, chills, muscle aches.
which antibiotic is best
The table given a choice of treatment depends on the type of bronchitis:
|Types bronchitis||Advantages||choice of treatment|
|Acute bronchitis||viral|| expectorant drugs, |
bronchitis without antibiotics
|chronic uncomplicated bronchitis||than 4 exacerbations per year|| aminopenicillin |
|chronic complications of bronchitis||than 4 relapses per year, age of the patient over65|| Amoxicillin, Amoxiclav |
|chronic bronchitis with comorbidities||presence of chronic diseases, diabetes, renal, cardiac insufficiency||Ftorohinolony (in resistant flora, are contraindicated for children)|
|Chlamydia bronchitis||develops in children and adults with weakened immune systems|| Tetracyclines |
|mycoplasma bronchitis||develops in children and adults with weakened immune systems||Macrolides|
- aminopenicillin - first-line drugs
It amoxicillin (average price of 50-100 rubles). Amoxiclav (the average price of 250-280 rubles), Augmentin (price 120-180 rub.), Arlette (price 240- 260 rub.).Such antibiotics destroy bacterial cell walls, acting only on microbes without harming the body.The drawback is that very often penicillins cause allergic reactions in patients.
- Macrolides - second-line drugs
Azithromycin (Sumamed Azithromycin price of 540-560 rubles, Azitroks, Hemomitsin, Z-factor Azitrus 140 rubles Azitsid, Azitral..), Midecamycin (Macropen price 220-230 rub.).Violate protein production in bacterial cells, so the germs are no longer reproduce.
- Fluoroquinolones - appointed after failure, allergic reactions to the first 2 rows
Levofloxacin (price 430-670 rub.), Ofloxacin (price 30 -. 170 rubles), moxifloxacin (Avelox price of 1100-1200 rub.).Enough expensive drugs are broad-spectrum antibiotics are contraindicated for children, cause goiter, considered reserve drugs.
Cephalosporins Cefazolin (10-12 rubles per 1 injection vial), ceftriaxone (17-50 rubles per bottle 1 in.), Cephalexin (capsules 40-50 rubles. 16 pcs.), Cefixime (Supraks, Pantsef, Iksim).
- Barking cough in a child-treatment
- obstructive bronchitis in adults
- inhalation bronchitis, laryngitis in children
- Flomax inhalation
- Symptoms of bronchitis in adults
- bronchitischildren - symptoms and treatment
- 11 of the rules-as well take antibiotics
- treatment of bronchitis at home
- chronic bronchitis treatment of folk remedies
What is the best antibiotic for bronchitis?
This is the one which is most sensitive to the causative agent.How is it to determine what antibiotics and drink with bronchitis?The most correct choice of drugs will result after bacterial seeding sputum for sensitivity to antimicrobial agents.The disadvantage of this analysis is the duration of the receipt of the result, and the fact that the analysis does not do because of cost or lack of bacteriological laboratory reagents.Most often, the doctor prescribes standards for the treatment of a broad spectrum antibiotic immediately.
The use of antimicrobial agents in children with colds unacceptable, taking them is justified only in case of complications:
- This may be the case when, after the influenza virus, SARS 4-5 days occurred deterioration of general condition of the child,the rise of high temperatures again, productive cough with purulent sputum.In this case, you should call a doctor.
- most safe and effective drugs that can be administered to children - it aminopenicillin and macrolide.Cephalosporins, and macrolides prescribed if there is an allergy to penicillin.
- during and after taking antibiotics child should take probiotic preparations in between taking antibiotics and after treatment continue to use bifiform, RioFlora Immuno, Atsipol, Bifidumbacterin, Linex for another 2-4 weeks (see. The list of probiotics,Lineska analogues).
main rules antibiotics
- Continuity course of treatment.The doctor evaluates the patient's condition and determine the duration of therapy is usually enough 5-7 days, in the treatment of macrolides - 5 days.
- Take exactly time.Observe dosing frequency and withstand the same time intervals (24, 12, 8, 6 hours), i.e. if the antibiotic is assigned three times a day, it means that the reception is carried out every 8 hours.It is necessary to maintain a constant drug concentration in the blood.Some antibiotics should drink 1 times a day (every 24 hours), the other two (every 12 hours), some three (8 hours).
- Monitor the effect of the antibiotic .If within 72 hours no improvement is observed, then this pathogen antibacterial agent and should be resistant to change.
- Continue treatment after 2-3 days after the apparent improvement, the recovery (see more. 11 of the rules of correct antibiotics).
Any malaise, cough, temperature should always consult your doctor.To distinguish symptoms of diseases, to differentiate the disease, a drug for bronchitis choose the best and how to take it correctly, can only specialist.Trust the doctors did not have to deal with the situation of developing complications from delayed or improper treatment, as well as the unjustified taking of medicines.