Permanent teeth are in need of regular care as given to man, as they say, for a lifetime.Healthy gums and periodontal advocate protective factor against atherosclerosis, stroke and heart attack.The fact that oral bacteria from reaction start the immune response by increasing the levels of cytokines that directly amplify the inflammatory aspect of atherosclerosis.
possibilities of modern orthodontics are very high - to fully replace the lost tooth is possible by means of the crown or implant, but this is an expensive procedure, and there is nothing better than your own, healthy teeth.About how to properly brush their teeth for adults, we describe in this article, read as children to brush their teeth properly, and how to care for dentures and crowns, braces.
How often and when brushing teeth
- teeth should be cleaned at least 2 times a day: morning after waking and at night before bedtime.
- How to: brush your teeth before or after breakfast? Some believe that hygiene procedures should be carrie
- During the day after snacking should rinse your mouth with water or passes in the teeth with a toothbrush without toothpaste - enough to not give bacteria to multiply and degrade food residues.
- With regard to chewing gum , use it only makes sense to cleanse the mouth, ie,Chewing no more than 1-2 minutes and spitting.A further finding of chewing gum in the mouth leads to excessive salivation, and increased appetite.
unexpected discovery dental scientists: brush your teeth immediately after eating, they do not advise.The fact that the drinks and food violates the acid-alkaline balance, soften tooth enamel, making teeth more vulnerable.And when immediately after a meal to work brush (after dinner and breakfast), it is possible to injure the enamel.Therefore, dentists recommend brushing your teeth:
- morning immediately upon waking
- evening no earlier than 30 minutes after dinner.
According to the degree of rigidity of the bristle release:
- sensitive or very soft;
- soft or soft;
- medium or high;
- hard or tough;
- extra-hard and super-hard bristles.
Very soft bristles , usually used for children and for adults who have serious problems with the gums and teeth (enamel loss, periodontal disease).Soft bristles are optimal for bleeding gums or inclination to that, people with diabetes, pregnant women and lactating mothers.
average stiffness - is a versatile option for people bristle with a healthy oral cavity.
Stiff bristle perfect for tea lovers, coffee, smoking and susceptibility to the formation of tartar and hard plaque, provided healthy gums and enamel.Super-stiff bristles designed for the care of removable and fixed prostheses (bridges), and for cleaning braces (see. How to care for dentures and braces).
The structure of the bristles
bristles location can be located on the 1, 2, 3 or more levels, allowing a good clean hard surface of the teeth and especially recommended for individual teeth location features.On the need for such toothbrush should ask your dentist.
The bristles are made of synthetic material - often nylon, specially treated.Along the perimeter or in the middle of the head can be rubber bristles and inserts for a more effective cleansing.
According to the mechanism: regular and electric
hard to say which option is better: with proper cleaning both options perfectly fulfill its function.Electrobrushes effectively removes plaque, making it faster than a mechanical model, but the inept use may damage the enamel and the mucous membrane of the gums.It should be remembered that the working part of the electro and wears out and needs to be replaced regularly.Do not use an electric brush with stomatitis, increased mobility and sensitivity of teeth, periodontal disease, after oral operations, including tooth extraction.
How to choose an electric toothbrush?This gadget must be purchased in a specialty store or pharmacy, be sure to check the documents confirming the quality and safety of goods.The battery should have sufficient capacity and quick charging.Together with the brush must be purchased and a set of interchangeable heads.
today gaining popularity ultrasonic electric toothbrush, which is more effective in removing plaque, destroys micro-organisms and improves circulation.But not all doctors recommend such a gadget as ultrasound, though it is considered relatively safe for the body, as if no benefit.
the length and shape of the working part
brush should cover the segment of 2-2.5 tooth, ieselected individually.You must select your toothbrush 1 time and buy just such times.The head should have a rounded end and back side - must be made of soft latex rough (for gum massage and cleanse the tongue).
the length and shape of the broken
length of the handle should be comfortable to grip, and the surface does not have a sliding cover.It is important that the brush head and handle are connected flexibly.
Typically, manufacturers produce toothpastes and toothbrushes.Do not buy the most expensive options - they still have to change at least 1 time in 3 months.
Toothpaste is necessary for softening and cleansing of plaque, as well as providing specific therapeutic and prophylactic effect.What kind of toothpaste to choose, it is best to ask the personal dentist.These recommendations will help to understand the purpose of different types of toothpastes and their basic functions.
Classification Composition of toothpastes is about the same as pastes and children, and includes (see toothpaste which to choose.):
- water in the dispersed phase of the suspension, which connects the other components;
- abrasive components, which are responsible for the efficiency of purification by plaque calcium compounds, sodium, silicon, chalk.For sensitive teeth abrasion figure should be 25 conventional units for healthy teeth - up to 100 units (RDA);
- binders, determining density paste: resin compound acids;
- foaming components;
- antiseptic, antibacterial operating function;
- fluoride (not more than 150 mg per 100 g paste) and minerals, giving paste anticaries protection;
- humectants, preservatives, flavorings and colorants.
to toothpastes for adults requirements are less stringent, since the probability of swallowing toothpaste minimum.Toothpaste should be chosen not by the beautiful strips, and on its composition and purpose.
By appointment toothpastes are classified into 3 categories:
- Hygienic - are used only for preventive purposes and are suitable for people with a completely healthy oral cavity.
- Therapeutic and prophylactic - this category includes most popular toothpastes.Depending on the effect are:
- funds from Badami and plant components;
- containing salt and minerals;
- whitening toothpaste;
- fluorinated protecting against tooth decay;
- for the treatment and prevention of periodontal disease;
- for use with sensitive teeth;
- complex action (most popular).
- Medical or professional toothpastes , paste it, registered as medicines.
Toothpastes with hypersensitivity (hypersensitivity)
- This state may be an individual feature of the structure of dental tissues, accompanied by some disease (periodontitis, pathological abrasion of teeth, thin enamel), but also occurs against the background of hobbies acidic diet, frequent use of bleachpastes.
- Action - block enamel sensitivity without compromising its structure.Used in courses for 3-4 weeks with breaks in 2-3 months.
- Popular paste:. Lacalut Sensitiv, Sensodin, Oral-B Sensitiv, Solgate Sensitiv etc.
For the prevention of tooth decay and strengthen enamel
First of all, they are recommended for people with a congenital weakness of the enamel of the teeth, with early diagnosis of caries atthe presence of cracks and chips on the enamel.In areas where the natural fluoride content in water and largely little diet is also recommended to use such means, from childhood 4 years.
- Active ingredients such pastes: mineralizing components (phosphorus, calcium), fluorine compounds.Their use during enamel maturation of up to 15 years strengthens its crystal lattice: the micro- and macronutrients are actively absorbed from the saliva during brushing.
- Contraindications: fluorosis.
- Top pasta with therapeutic and preventive action against caries, fluorine-: Ftorodent, Blend-a-med, Fluodent etc.
With increased bleeding gums, and addiction to it
- addition to diseases, to a state results in poor hygiene.and the presence of tartar.
- pastes contain inflammatory, decongestants, tanning and soothing ingredients: extracts of chamomile, sage, green tea, oak bark, vitamins and salts.
- Apply at least 2 months, without stopping treatment even after a significant improvement of the gums.
- Popular paste : Parodontax, Forest, Parodontol, Chamomile, New, Lakalyut Asset etc.
In diseases of periodontal and oral mucosa
- fungal and bacterial lesions of the mouth and gums should take special medical paste that.have anti-inflammatory and disinfecting effect, promotes healing of ulcers and erosions.
- Popular paste: Parodontax, Propolisovaya (with mycosis), Kalanchoe, new (for bacterial infections).
When bad breath (halitosis)
course, alone cleaning not solve this problem - should look for the cause (caries, periodontal disease, tonsillitis, diverticulum of the esophagus, gastrointestinal disease, etc., refer to cause trouble..breath).In this category include all means pasta with a high content of menthol and mint.They may have the prefix "fresh breath", "Super mint", "Double Mint", "Cool".In addition to toothpaste, to eliminate bad breath should be observed technique brush your teeth, as we'll discuss below.
When darkening of enamel, dental calculus and abundant plaque
- Smokers, coffee drinkers, tea and other staining foods occasionally need to use special toothpaste with whitening effect that contain soda, hydrogen peroxide, carbamide peroxide, and others. These funds can not be usedincreased sensitivity of the teeth and periodontal diseases, as well as during pregnancy and childhood.
- Examples : Crest 3D White, ROCS «sensational whitening", the Colgate whitening, Rembrandt «Antitobacco and coffee" etc.
Toothpastes with fluorosis and individual sensitivity to fluoride
should use toothpaste for this category of persons.containing no fluorine trace element, such as a series of ROCS.
Toothpastes complex action
- most popular category of tools to solve several problems at once, for example, from the decay + whitening protection, healthy gums + fresh breath and other
- Examples :. Colgate Total, Blend-a-med. Complete and other
- procedure duration: 3-5 minutes;Number
- cleaning paste 1 - half of the toothbrush head;
- should clean the inner, outer and chewing surfaces of the teeth;
- outer and inner tooth surfaces are cleaned to sweep away the toothbrush movements, ranging from chewing gum and to the teeth;
- Chewing surfaces clean circular and horizontal movements;
- Desna massage rotating motion when the mouth is closed;
- Language carefully cleaned to sweep away the scrubbing motion with a special brush for the language or corrugated surface of the toothbrush, without pressure on the root of the tongue, in the direction towards the tip.
- After brushing, use dental floss (floss): it cleans the parts of the teeth and interdental spaces that were not cleaned the brush fibers.Clean floss should be as follows: a piece of yarn wound on the index fingers and gently scrub the area between the teeth forth motions, adjusting to clean thumb and forefinger;
- finished cleaning, rinse the mouth with water 2-3 times, or use the irrigator.
How to brush your teeth electric brush, described in the manual of this gadget, it should study it carefully before use:
- brush should be charged;
- working part moisturize and cause a bit of toothpaste;
- clean start from the upper jaw with gum;
- make a circular motion, clearing several teeth at once;
- main brush will do the job;
- about 30 seconds to clean the one half of the jaw;
- brush should go through all the chewing surfaces, inside and outside of the teeth.
Total time cleaning electric brush - about 3-4 minutes.
It should be understood that with only one toothpaste and brushes can not solve the problem: cavities, periodontal disease, bacterial infections should be treated!