Under oral hygiene most of us means brushing, and many just do not think of the clean language.But dentists are strongly advised to carry out cleaning, and language, considering it an integral part of good oral hygiene.
Why do it?
needed daily to purify the language has been proven by numerous studies confirming that this is the prevention of dental diseases such as dental caries and its complications, diseases of soft tissues -. Gingivitis, glossitis, stomatitis, etc.
Let us examine the physiology of working of the mouth and the anatomy of language asauthority.Language - the muscle of the mouth organ that performs a number of functions:
- education speech
- formation of food bolus and push it through the digestive course
- sense of taste, which is responsible for the taste buds
Its surface is extremely heterogeneous and has mikroprostranstv, grooveswhich render habitable various bacteria, because they are the most favorable conditions for their reproduction - moisture, nutrient availability
microflora of the mouth contains a normal flora and opportunistic, the latter with the weakening of immunity, both general and local can become pathogenic (streptococci, staphylococci, etc.).For example, Str.Mutans causes development of dental caries.
Persons who regularly clean the tongue, 10 times less likely to suffer from a variety of oral diseases.If this is not done, then the other precipitating factors increases the risk of:
- reproduction of bacteria leads to the development of glossitis, stomatitis, gingivitis, caries
- formed plaque and tartar, which can lead to bad breath - halitosis
- Furredtongue, breath in active people can lead to complexes, problems in communicating with others
- removal of harmful bacteria and plaque
- Daily massage tongue receptors during brushing stimulates and activates the internal organs
- prevention of caries, stomatitis, gingivitis, tartar, etc..
It should be noted that the appearance of plaque on thelanguage often indicates a dysfunction of the digestive system, liver, gall bladder (see. why, a white coating on the tongue, causes yellow plaque), so the fight against plaque should include the treatment of the disease, leading to it.
How to properly clean language?
- start the procedure is necessary after brushing and after rinsing the mouth.
- should use special brushes, scrapers or spoon to clean the tongue.From the root to the tip of the "sweep" motion clean first one ladle, then the other half of the language.Movements should be gentle pressure, but not strong.
- After that you should spend some time brushing across the language, if you want to put the toothpaste on the brush and scrape off plaque again, already from the tip to the root.
- Rinse mouth.
Some sources indicate that you should use a variety of antiseptic mouthwash or gel every day.If you do not have any diseases of the mouth and the dentist did not prescribe treatment with a disinfectant solution, once again you can not use antiseptics (see. The constant use of mouthwash can contribute to stroke or heart attack).
What items and hygiene products to choose?
When selecting items hyenas need to focus on their own feelings and preferences as well as the cleaning capability, when used properly, will be relatively the same.
spoon to clean
toothbrushes for cleaning the tongue
Whether to use toothpaste?
Since cleaning the tongue is carried out immediately after brushing your teeth in the oral cavity is a certain amount of toothpaste, which is enough.Who should use toothpaste additionally:
- persons with liver disease, kidney and gastrointestinal tract (gastrointestinal tract)
- smoking people
And those and others in the mouth there is a plentiful formation of plaque with a distinct unpleasant odor,which requires the additional use of tooth paste.
not recommended to use a strong mint toothpaste, labeled "max fresh", as the taste buds on the tongue are very sensitive and irritation caused by excessive burning and discomfort.You can use a special set for cleaning the tongue: a scraper and pasta.
When to start and how to clean the child language?
Do I need to clean the language of the newborn?Need for this, but with the appearance of the first tooth, dentists recommend brushing your child to begin language.Clean the teeth and the mucous membrane in children younger than 1 - 1.5 years, you need a special toothbrush-fingertip.
The most popular brendy- Chicco, Splat, R. O. C. S and others. The working surface of the brush may be placed silicone villi, or the surface is ribbed.The fundamental difference, you must focus on the child's preferences.
In order to properly clean the newborn language, you need to put on a finger toothbrush, fingertip, and neat, sweeping movements of the tongue to move toward its tip.After
movements necessary to move to clean the side surfaces of the language on the same principle.The final stage is the treatment of the inner surface of the cheeks, and mouth rinse.
long as the baby can not rinse your mouth with your own, use toothpaste with the tongue cleaning is not recommended.