Subject antioxidants has been actively being discussed not only in the media but also in serious literature.It is with antioxidants, many scientists have linked the prospects for anti-aging human.
However, wanting to cash in on the topical subject of too much, so you need to explain to the reader all the advantages and disadvantages of antioxidant therapy offered by the pharmaceutical industry and producers of nutritional supplements.
Oxidants - what is it?
So oxidants called oxygen products of metabolism, in the structure that are missing an electron.Such a molecule in a chemical sense, becomes very aggressive, as an effort to select the missing electron from other substances.
Oxidants, trying to restore their electronic shell trigger a series of chemical reactions, which from a biological point of view is not always favorable.Chemical name oxidants - free radicals.Also, according to the theory Pisarzhevsky, oxidation is a process of elimination of the electrons from the atoms or ions, so anoth
Free radicals attack the first chemically unstable molecules that include fats and glycoproteins, which are the main structural component of cell membranes, as well as the holy of holies of our cells - the nucleus and DNA.Therefore oxidants - powerful mutagens.In
biological sense mutation causing effects of oxidants, as well as the aging of cells and tissues.That is, neutralizing the effects of free radicals in our body, we strongly advance in the struggle for longevity, as well as be able to perhaps win some types of cancer.
Where are oxidants?
- Oxygen - as already indicated, oxidants are formed in the body as a result of oxygen metabolism.However, this is not their only source.
- Radiation UVR - the most powerful supplier of free radicals is the radiation, and ultraviolet radiation.Sunbathers oxidants provide itself for many months ahead.Pay attention, people living in rural areas, are somewhat older than their urban peers, the reason - the first longer stay in the sun.
- Tobacco smoke - in third place among the sources of oxidants, after oxygen and radiation, is tobacco smoke.
- oxidants products - oxidants also can enter the human body as a finished product, namely food.It is dangerous in the sense of fat exposed to high temperatures.That is, a hamburger, Tat, potato fries or barbecue major providers of free radicals.
- exhaust fumes, household chemicals, cosmetics and perfumes, many drugs - also join the list of oxidants (see harmful household chemicals and how to make safer cleaning products themselves.).
the need for additional use of artificial antioxidants is under a serious theoretical basis.Indeed, fast food, tobacco smoke, beach holiday or a tanning bed, the exhaust gases, the abundance of household chemicals and medicines, lack of plant food do not leave our antioxidant system of work.On this basis, many manufacturers of nutritional supplements conclude the need to add synthetic antioxidants in foods.
Modern pharmacology offers the following antioxidant dietary supplements
- Antioxidant Complex - Vitamins A, E and C. The synthetic
- of Q10 coenzyme - used in cosmetics.
- Mineral Supplements for allegedly antioksidntnym effect - microhydrin, products coral club.
- Lipoic and succinic acid.
Do we need these pills?
- It is known that synthetic vitamins are not identical to natural, and therefore do not possess the fullness of their properties and the body is the difference recognizes (see. Myths about the benefits of vitamins for immunity, and health), it is better to eat vegetables, fruit, nutsraw, natural drink fresh juices.
- Even if we assume that the Coenzyme Q1, added to the cream acts, he will not be able to rejuvenate your skin, it can only slow down the aging process in it (see. Harmful substances in cosmetics).
- still not carried out any serious, controlled study that proved the clinical efficacy of antioxidant dietary supplements.Therefore, any claims of manufacturers about their miraculous effect is nothing more than a publicity stunt.
How to protect yourself from oxidants?
Recipe combat oxidants and hence aging is not really complicated.
- Stop eating fast food, give up fried foods.
- Give up smoking.
- Do not get carried away with a beach holiday and do not go to a tanning salon.
- spend more time outside the city, where you will breathe clean air.
- Eat more plant foods.
- Alcoholic beverage preference was given to high-quality red wine and dark beer.
- The food should be less animal fats and more vegetable, especially if it is unrefined olive oil.
And how antioxidant dietary supplements?Let them eat those who sell them.
natural antioxidant barrier
Mother Nature by placing the person in oxidizing the ocean was to provide a mechanism of protection against them.That shield are antioxidants - substances that contain one extra electron in its structure, which they readily give, neutralizing free radicals.
- Antioxidants can be formed within the body - endogenous, and include various enzymes, such as coenzyme Q10, and glutathione - one of the metabolites of the essential amino acid cysteine.
- Or deal with food - exogenous antioxidants.
Exogenous antioxidants much more:
- Natural Vitamins - A, E, C, the combination of these three substances is the so-called antioxidant complex (which is natural vitamins, not synthetic)
- Minerals , the most active selenium, manganese and zinc.
- Tannins - tea, coffee, cocoa
- Anthocyanins - red berries
- Bioflavonoids - a class of chemicals (hydroxy derivatives flavone), which are found only in plants.
on flavonoids is stopped separately.The best natural antioxidants - fruits and vegetables, with purple, burgundy color, as well as citrus fruits, beans, nuts, etc. It is known that red pepper first flavonoid was isolated in 1936, which for some time was called "vitamin P"..
|Chokeberry||Red pepper||Grapes, red wine||Black (bitter) chocolate, cocoa||Seabuckthorn|
|Hawthorn||citrus zest||Bow||Green tea||Eggplant|
Since it is the most plant foods rich in antioxidants, it is necessary to list the plants, the use of which best protects us from oxidants.
|Artichoke||Legumes, especially red, mottled beans||Blueberries||Pink grapefruit||cherries|
|black garden currant||raspberry black and red||Strawberry||Apples||nuts, especially pecans|