- types of allergies the sun
- How does allergy to the sun - the symptoms
- Causes Allergies in the sun
- list of medicines, plants and foods that cause allergy symptoms in the sun
- Treatment of allergy to the sun
Summer - a great time for the holidays, for a longer stay in the country cottages, travel, trips to the sea, in an exotic country.Swim and sunbathe in the sun, enjoy the warm sea water and the sun - what could be better?
However, in recent years, frequent cases of hypersensitivity, many people in the sunlight.It is an allergy to the sun, the symptoms of which occur either at lightning speed - in 20-30 seconds or a few hours, or 2-3 days after the sunburn.In medicine, such an inadequate reaction to the excess exposure is called photodermatosis or phototoxic reaction.
types of allergies the sun
Exposure to sunlight causes a person different unnatural reactions called photosensitivity:
- Fototravmaticheskie reaction
is the usual reaction of the body after a very long stay in the sun, even in completely healthy people after hours of intensiveUV exposure can occur sun burns.We will not dwell on this embodiment, since everyone knows that you can not sunbathe for a long time, especially from 11-00 to 16-00 hours.
- phototoxic reaction
can also appear at any person in the form of sunburn - swelling, blisters, erythema. It is most often caused by oral or injectable use of certain drugs, herbal products containing photosensitizers.
- photoallergic reactions
is a pathological process that occurs only in people whose bodies, for whatever reasons, rejects UFOs and their skin and mucous membranes react to the sun's rays as a hostile, alien, toxic external influence.This is due to immune disorders and a similar reaction is shown as papules, oozing vesicles and lichenification skin s (rash with power figure, which is accompanied by a sharp thickening of the skin and pigmentation disorders, thus the skin becomes rough and wrinkled).
The risk of developing an allergy to the sun include:
- People with diseases of the endocrine system
- Individuals with liver disease and kidney
- Persons with various disorders of the immune system
How does allergy to the sun -
symptomsSigns of allergy to the sun can be diverse and vary according to the reasons which caused it, the age of an adult or child, by provoking internal or external factor.The most common sun allergy symptoms following violations:
- redness, rash, itching, blisters of the skin areas subjected to the sun's rays.
- allergy to the sun on the hands, face, legs, chest appears as a rough, small irregularities of the skin that are sore, itchy, and sometimes merge into puffy reddened lesions.
- Sometimes there are crusts, scales, bleeding.
- The most common allergy in the skin from the sun appears in the form of urticaria, eczema or bubbles.
- Signs and symptoms of allergies to the sun appeared not only in those places where there was an active sun exposure if an allergic reaction occurs in the form of eczema, it can be in places far removed from the influence of ultraviolet light.
have physically strong, healthy body no sun allergy should not be.Therefore, very often there is an allergy to the sun in infants, children, not got stronger after the disease, the elderly and persons with multiple chronic diseases.
Causes Allergies in the sun
most common allergies in the sun exposed people to the first skin type, which is also called Celtic.The skin of such people practically do not sunbathe, but an allergic reaction to ultraviolet light appear in it quite often.
Special agents or photosensitizers fotroreaktivnye agents are the cause of allergies to the sun, the symptoms of which depend on the intensity of exposure and the amount of these substances.In humans subjected to natural or artificial ultraviolet irradiation (sun tan, solarium, UV lamp), these photosensitizers cause changes, manifested in the form of an allergy to the sun.
phototoxic reactions can be triggered by certain substances, to find out why there was such an allergy, you should know which may contain such provocative material:
- In care products - in antibacterial soap
- in cosmetics and perfumery means - inmost lotions, perfumes, colognes, deodorants, lipsticks.Most of the creams, which include those included peanut butter, essential oils of citrus, cumin, fennel, bergamot, musk, amber, St. John's wort, patchouli, cinnamon bark.
- Sunscreens - a paradox, but it is by applying sun protection means you can get severe allergic reactions.If a part of these funds is included PABA - para-aminobenzoic acid and benzophenones.
- Some supplements - for example, in sweeteners.
- tattooing - because it used adjuvant sulfate, cadmium, it can also cause photosensitivity.
- in household - for example, in mothballs.
- The medicines - and even if after the abolition of medicine took some time, a few weeks or months, an allergic reaction can occur after UV exposure, as the substance accumulate in the body and in human skin and removed sometimes very slow.There are times that the sensitivity to the sun because of the drugs persists for months or even years.
disease Gunther - a rare form of the disease is photodermatosis Gunter or erythropoietic porphyria.Patients with this recessive mutation fully comply with the classical descriptions of vampires: are afraid of daylight and sunlight because of ulcers and skin cracks, gradually turning into deformation and cartilage, rather pale, are excessively thick eyebrows and eyelashes.Patients with tooth enamel and urine can be colored pink.The ultraviolet light tooth enamel shone blood-red.On the disease today still can not be cured completely
Pellagra - a rare disease is also accompanied by photodermatosis.Pellagra (flaky skin) - a violation of assimilation or inadequate intake of niacin (vitamin PP).
list of medicines, plants and foods that cause allergy symptoms in the sun
The instructions for use of a very large number of different medicines provides guidance about such possible side effects like photosensitivity, and that such action is extremely rare, about1/10 000 cases.These medicines include:
Oral contraceptives - Hormonal contraceptives
- fluoroquinolones - ofloxacin, ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, nolitsin etc.
- Tetracyclines - doxycyline
- Macrolides - Sumamed, Macropen etc...
- Co-trimoxazole - Biseptolum, folic acid inhibitor
- pipemidic acid - used for the treatment of cystitis, pyelonephritis (Palin)
- antifungal - especially Griseofulvin, and other antifungal tablets.
NSAIDs - non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antipyretics and painkillers - Ibuprofen and piroxicam.
Antihistamines - Diphenhydramine and Promethazine.
Cardiac agents for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases:
- Fibrates - fibric acid medicines that lower blood cholesterol
- amiodarone - antiarrhythmics Kordaron moreover also causes bluish tint Sun
- Digitoxin - cardiotonic
- atorvastatin - pills cholesterol, statins to lower cholesterol
Antidepressants, sedatives - Doksipin, Melipraminum some hypnotics.
thiazide diuretics - diuretic chlorothiazide or any other diuretics can also cause or exacerbate skin allergies to the sun, its symptoms.
hypoglycemic drugs for the treatment of diabetes - and glibenclamide Hlorpropamid.
Essential oils - oil of bergamot, lime little St. John's wort, essential oils almost all citrus - lemon, mandarin, orange.
Corticosteroids - hormonal creams and ointments for prolonged use.
Boric and salicylic acid , methylene blue, ointments containing tar.
plants that cause allergies to the sun
Very often in contact with the skin of special substances - furokumarinov that contained in the meadow, and other plants, as in sunlight on the skin there is an allergy to the sun.Symptoms photodermatitis in this case, the following:
- appearance of the rash and vesicles
- Redness of the skin
- Intense itching
- In place of the affected areas of skin pigmentation remains for a long time.
The plants - exogenous photosensitizers to be avoided during the summer include:
- Nettle, buckwheat, quinoa, Jasieniec, Ranunculaceae, cow parsnip, fig tree.
- If ingest herbs, it is also possible to develop allergy symptoms in the sun: St. John's Wort, clover, Dudnik, sweet clover, Agrimony, cow parsnip, Tribulus.
- Sedge and blue-green algae can also cause sun allergies because they contain chlorophyll and phycocyanin.
Products having Photoallergic action
So provocative action the following products:
- Before you go out in the sun not to cut, not to eat, drink juices from foods such as hands and lips can suffer from an inadequate reaction of the organismto the sun: carrot juice, peppers, figs, citrus juice, sorrel, celery, parsley.
- sensitivity to ultraviolet rays also increase: spicy food, alcoholic drinks, especially wine and champagne, all products with an abundance of colors, artificial additives and preservatives.
- heightened risk factor for the development of allergic symptoms in the sun there in those already allergic to coffee, nuts and chocolate.
treatment of allergy to the sun
When there is an allergy to the sun - than to treat this strange reaction?The first thing to find out the true cause of an allergic reaction to ultraviolet light.If it is drugs, foods or herbs, you should abolish the use of these funds or products.If you can not renounce the use of essential medicines, it is best to avoid any skin contact with the sun, need constant protection from UVR.
- creams and ointments
And if it is not associated with taking any drugs, the possible internal failures should find out in the functioning of systems and organs of the immune system as well.What tools, medicines, tablets from an allergy to the sun there?What are ointments and creams from an allergy to the sun?
very effective creams and ointments with corticosteroids, but their use should be only for severe allergy to the sun, treatment with these agents should be appointed only by a physician.The treatment of such serious ointments should be short since their long-term use may cause self various skin disorders, erythema, rosacea, skin vasodilatation and develops them quickly addictive and their frequent use can end skin atrophy.
Among non-hormonal creams and ointments from allergies can use Fenistil gel, Desitin, Gistan, La Cree, Panthenol, Panthenol, Radevit, Elidel, Protopic, Losterin, Vundehil, La Cree (more on these creams and ointments see. Ointmentsof dermatitis).Also, a list of gels, creams, ointments, in this article the treatment of sunburn - Flotseta, Aktovegin, Psili Balm, Solkoseril, Vinylinum, karotolin, Livian, etc.
After comprehensive examination by a physician, dermatologist, allergologa-.immunologist and determine the cause of allergies, doctors may have to take antihistamines.Depending on the cause photodermatosis someone these tools very well help someone does not help at all.
Among them we can try Claritin, and Suprastin Tavegil.3rd generation antihistamines such as Tsetrin Zodak and very effective in a variety of allergic reactions, do not cause drowsiness and have prolonged action, they can be used for a long time.
- Vitamin therapy
One of the causes of allergy can be reduced immunity, vitamin deficiency, so these vitamins like vitamin C, vitamin E and niacin may be a component of comprehensive treatment of allergy to the sun.
- enterosorbents Cleansing the body and abundant drinking
It is how the body can be cleared quickly from allergens and toxins, you can use the sorbents such as Polisorb MP Filtrum STI, Polyphepan, Enterosgel.You should also drink as much clean water per day, more than 2-2.5 liters, it helps the body to allergens likely to withdraw from the body.
- Traditional methods
If you can not immediately consult with your doctor, you can try to find among those folk remedies that may help initially mitigate the inflammation of the skin - it is fresh juice of cucumber, cabbage or potatoes.Potato and cabbage juice has amazing properties softening and rapid healing of wounds and skin damage.Also it has a softening effect tincture of calendula or celandine, which can make cold compresses.
When the abnormal light-sensitive reactions, the doctor should be told how long the reaction started in the sun, which were manifestations looked like a rash and your feelings at the same time.