agranulocytosis - a group of pathological conditions characterized by symptoms of leukopenia less than 1000 in 1 mm, neutropenia 750 in 1 mm, resulting in an increased susceptibility to bacterial and fungal infections.Agranulocytosis are congenital and acquired.In this article we will discuss the symptoms and signs which agranulocytosis occurs in humans.In addition, we will describe causes a decrease in white blood cell count.
Symptoms of agranulocytosis
Typically, agranulocytosis is a syndrome of a general disease.Most watched myelotoxic and immune agranulocytosis.Myelotoxic agranulocytosis occurs under the influence of exogenous factors (such as ionizing radiation, cytotoxic agents) and combined with anemia, thrombocytopenia.The immune agranulocytosis caused by the action of autoantibodies that are already in the body (eg, systemic lupus erythematosus), or synthesized after taking the drug caught haptens.
symptoms and infectious processes caused immunodeficiency: intoxication, fever with chills, w
As agranulocytosis symptoms appear?
This symptom as lymphoproliferative syndrome manifests itself in the form of lymphadenopathy, enlarged liver and spleen.Symptomatic agranulocytosis agranulocytosis as a hapten - often fatal situation when the received drug - hapten through a series of immune reactions, causes a critical reduction in blood granulocytes - in peripheral blood neutrophils are completely absent, and remains in the bone marrow precursors.Haptens - small molecules that do not themselves possess antigenic properties, but act as epitopes.
Symptoms haptenated agranulocytosis may develop when using diakarba (diamoksa) amidopirina, antipyrine, aspirin, barbiturates, isoniazid (tubazid) meprotan (meprobamate), phenacetin, butadiona, procainamide, indomethacin, levamisole, sulfonamides, methicillin, trimethoprim (includesin the baktrima) hingamina (chloroquine), clozapine (leponeks), and others. If you are taking these drugs, it should be remembered that this is a symptom of the beginning of agranulocytosis.
Symptoms of agranulocytosis
clinical signs of agranulocytosis
clinical signs and laboratory results depend on the severity of neutropenia with agranulocytosis.The clinical picture of agranulocytosis is the main feature in the diagnosis.Period agranulocytosis symptoms - a very important feature in the clinical management of the patient.Regardless of its cause (myelotoxic or hapten - officinalis) crisis lead by one typical standard rules.Signs and symptoms you now know and be able to determine the start of agranulocytosis.Hereditary
neutropenia - agranulocytosis group of diseases characterized by periodic or permanent symptom reduction in neutrophils in blood and bone marrow.
cyclic neutropenia, agranulocytosis when has such symptoms: periodic decrease in neutrophils in the peripheral blood, purulent processes manifested with fever.Duration neutropenic cycle in different patients different - from 15-30 days to 2-3 months.
Classification signs of agranulocytosis:
- Congenital (inherited) agranulocytosis;
- Kostmann disease;
- Family neutropenia - a benign familial neutropenia, cyclic neutropenia;
- Congenital aleukia;
- Shvahmana Syndrome (Dayemonda);
- Syndrome Shediac-Shtaynbrinka-Higashi;
- Chronic granulomatous disease.
Reasons reduction of white blood cells in the blood
What are the main reasons for a decrease in white blood cell count?
Basically, signs reveal a violation of the bone marrow.The reasons for a decrease in white blood cells - a failure that gives bone marrow violation of work, and this, in the future, lead to a decrease in white blood cells.Sometimes the cause agranulocytosis leukocytes directly - there is an involuntary self-destruction.
of today are divided primary and secondary reduction in white blood cell count.The reasons for the initial reduction of white blood cells may be at an agranulocytosis:
- symptoms of congenital diseases that may interfere with bone marrow activity and reduce the level of white blood cells, showing no symptoms;
- cause a decrease in white blood cell count with agranulocytosis may also be cancer - myelofibrosis or mielosarkoma;
- metastases in the bone marrow may be reasons for the decrease of white blood cells;
- lack of B vitamins can cause a decrease in white blood cells;
- HIV infection is often the cause of decrease in white blood cell count, agranulocytosis;
- radiation sickness after exposure to radiation, often causes a decrease in white blood cells;
- autoimmune diseases cause a significant decrease in white blood cell count.
Besides the primary causes of the decrease in the level of white blood cells, isolated as secondary causes agranulocytosis, a decrease in white blood cell count.
- viral infection in the lymph nodes reduce the multiplication of white blood cells;
- certain diseases of the liver or spleen, can inhibit the proliferation of white blood cells;
- hyperthyroidism is the cause of destruction of the white blood cells;
- some autoimmune diseases (lupus erythematosus, rheumatism, polyarthrosis) adversely affects the level of white blood cells.