Complications after mastopexy
body correction.Complications after mastopexy.If mastopexy performed by a qualified surgeon, the surgery itself and the post-operative period is likely to go smoothly.However, undesirable effects may occur even in ideal conditions.
skin necrosis - this is one of the possible complications after breast lift.Those most at risk are women who smoke, and so plastic surgeons insist on smoking cessation and nicotine all drugs in the weeks before and after surgery.But even those who do not smoke, necrosis may be due to a hematoma, a strong tension of the skin or for an unknown reason.When skin necrosis formed an open wound, usually a small area under the nipple.It heals within several weeks, depending on the size.The final appearance of the site is difficult to predict: in some cases it is less visible than the scar.
Problems with nipples
Among the possible complications - t
Complications after mastopexy.What to expect
• Anesthesia: intravenous anesthesia or general anesthesia.
• Place of operation: the doctor's office or hospital.
• Duration of operation: 1 to 3 hours (3 to 4 hours if performed simultaneously with the increase in the breast).
• Duration of hospital stay: not required (statement on the same day).
• Discomfort: weak or medium level.Expect to take pain medication for 2-7 days.
• Swelling and bruising: disappear in 3-10 days.
• Bandages: removed after 1-7 days.
• Seams: most doctors use absorbable threads, which are located under the skin and do not require removal.If the surgeon uses a non-absorbable thread, they will be visible on the skin, and remove them in 5-7 days.
• Support: within 1-4 weeks, you should wear a sports bra or elastic bandage.Do not wear a bra with bones, until the surgeon will not allow.
• Work: you can return to work in 3-7 days.
• Exercise: You can resume 2 weeks.
• Final result: visible after the scars completely tightened - through 6-11 months.
When numbness nipple sensitivity is usually restored within six months.Change the color and shape may remain for a lifetime.