implants chin and cheekbones
Plastic Surgery.The implants of the chin and cheekbones.Getting used to the implant
Installation facial implants, like most other aesthetic operations, and improves the patient's self-esteem.However, in this case there is a certain limit.The older the patient, the less likely that it will be satisfied with the result of the operation.Over the years, we have become accustomed to her face.Ultimately, any change, even the most favorable, may not be acceptable, because the face was different.This difficulty in perceiving the new exterior is more common after rhinoplasty, chin augmentation than after or cheekbones.Anti-aging surgery such as a facelift or blepharoplasty, usually do not cause such problems.
Most people asymmetrical facial bones.Small differences tend to go unnoticed.Medium or strong asymmetry may cause serious concern, and in these cases the installation
time for surgery
Augmentation chin and cheeks can be performed only after the facial bones is completely formed, that is, after 15 years.
chin implants and jaw.Complications
If the operation is performed by a qualified surgeon, and it is the postoperative period is likely to go smoothly.However, undesirable effects may occur even in ideal conditions.
Temporary numbness, pain, tingling in the chin and cheeks - It is common after the surgery, and after 2-6 weeks, the sensitivity is usually normal.When nerve damage during surgery can be permanent loss of sensation in the lips.
sensitivity Violation may appear several years after the operation, if the prosthesis shift and begin to compress the nerve.This issue allowed the removal of the implant.
In the first stage of infection fighting antibiotics, but if medications do not help, it is necessary to remove the implant.Six months after the elimination of the infection can be installed another prosthesis.
chin or cheeks Asymmetry may result from the operation if the implants are installed asymmetrically or in the wrong place, as well as pre-existing facial asymmetry.This defect is corrected by an additional operation.
As with any other surgery with the use of implants, the surgeon will try to install them well.Nevertheless, in the healing process endoprosthesis can be displaced.Depending on the magnitude of this shift, cheekbones or chin acquire an unnatural appearance.Correcting this defect requires additional surgery to change the position of the implant.
chin implants and jaw.What to expect
• Anesthesia: intravenous anesthesia or general anesthesia.
• Place of operation: the doctor's office or hospital.
• Duration of operation: 30 minutes for the implant of the chin and from 45 to 60 minutes for the jaw implants.
• Duration of hospital stay: not required (statement on the same day).
• Discomfort: weak or medium level.Expect to take pain medication for 2-5 days.Ask to use a long-acting anesthetic that will help you on the first day after surgery.
• Bruises: usually does not happen.
• Swelling: fade in 1-2 weeks with the implant of the chin, and after 2-3 weeks when the implant cheekbones.You can reduce swelling, if all the time to keep your head in a good condition and often to apply ice.
• Bandages: usually not required.
• Stitches: If the seams are located in the mouth, the absorbable sutures are used which do not require removal.When sections of the skin sutures are removed after 5 days.
• Makeup: you can apply the next day after surgery.
• public appearances: 2-5 days.
• Work: you'll be ready to return to work after 2-5 days, but the swelling will remain a deterrent.
• Exercise: You can resume 2 weeks.
• Final result: visible after 1-2 months.
• Save the results: after implant placement the result is stored for a long time.If no complications reoperation is required.
Erosion In rare cases, the implant becomes mobile.Perhaps it will remain in place, but will be slightly displaced in all directions.In this case, the endoprosthesis rubs against bone lying beneath it, which may pendant to the slow erosion of bone.chin erosion can be so strong, that will affect the roots of the teeth.This happens very rarely, and requires the removal of the implant.
When you can stop worrying about the complications?
long as the implant is inside you, you can not assume that you're safe from complications.sensitivity changes, infection, displacement of the implant, bone erosion, graft rejection, and as a consequence the need for re-operation - all of which can occur in a few months or years.Fortunately, after the implant is accustomed, complications are extremely rare.
Flexing the implant through the skin
Some implants can be felt under the skin.This is generally not considered a problem.
Terry, 47-year-old sales manager, eight years ago established a chin prosthesis another surgeon.At first she was pleased with the result, but with age, her skin became thinner, and the implant is no longer look natural.He began to resemble a small round protrusion.Chin line lost its smoothness.To correct this defect it took to remove the short implant and establish longer.
Sometimes implants become mobile, cause erosion of the skin or mucous membranes of the mouth.As a result, the endoprosthesis may come out, which increases the risk of infection.In such cases, it is removed.
Need for reoperation
If you decide to install the implant, you should be aware of a high probability of re-operation.(This is true not only of implants used in plastic surgery, but also artificial joints, cardiac pacemakers and heart valves.) Implants - are artificial devices;some last a lifetime, others do not.