incisions and scars after a facelift
Correction face.Incisions and scars after a facelift.Most methods involve incision facelift, which starts above the ear, before it comes down, goes around the earlobe and then rises up behind the ear and ends behind the hairline.A second incision is made under the chin.Two weeks after the surgery incisions can hide the makeup.
In most cases, the scars from a facelift are almost invisible after they finally healed.They usually fade after 4-11 weeks, except for the scar behind the ear, which heals longer and can become more broad and thick, pale before.
If facelift performed by a qualified surgeon, the surgery itself and the post-operative period is likely to go smoothly.However, undesirable effects may occur even in ideal conditions.
incisions and scars after a facelift.What to expect
• Anesthesia: intravenous anesthesia or general anesthesia.
• Place of operation: the doctor's office or hospital.
• Duration of operation: from one to four hours.If you do both eyelid and forehead lift, the operation can take anywhere from three to six hours.
• Duration of hospital stay: you may be advised to spend the night in the hospital, the doctor was able to see the appearance of bruising, as well as make sure that your head is elevated.If your home has a reliable assistant, the procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis.
• Discomfort: average degree.Expect to take pain medication for 3-5 days;sufficient for the purpose of Tylenol.Many women do not experience discomfort after surgery.If pain is severe, immediately contact the surgeon to make sure that you do not have a hematoma.
• Swelling and bruising: disappear in two weeks;at deep (subperiosteal) lift last longer.Due to the swelling in the first two weeks of the skin on the face is taut.You can reduce swelling, if all the time to keep your head in a good condition and is often applied to the face cold compresses.
• Violation of sensitivity: numb cheeks felt a few weeks.
• Bandages: change every day or every other day.
• Sutures are removed after 4-10 days (4-6 days for the ears and chin, 7-10 hair line).The procedure for removal of sutures or staples are usually painless.
• Drainage: drainage, which the surgeon can deliver during surgery, removed after 1-3 days.
• Make-up: can be applied in one or two weeks.
• The appearance in public: in most cases, can appear in public in one or two weeks - using makeup.To guarantee better to wait three weeks.If you are going to do a deep facelift, count on one or two months, because in this case, the swelling will be stronger.
• Work: perhaps you are ready to return to work after five days, but will remain a deterrent appearance.
• Exercise: You can resume after one or two weeks.
• Sun protection: six months using a means with a sun protection factor of at least 15.
• The final result: in most cases, can be seen after 4-8 weeks, and when combined (deep) lift after 2-4 months.
• Saving results: face lift is able to rejuvenate you for ten years, but it will not stop the aging process.Your rejuvenated face will continue to age and 7-10 years, you will need a second lift.
Hematoma Hematoma - a collection of blood that can be formed under the skin, usually the day after surgery.Suspicion of hematoma occurs when after a facelift patient complains of unilateral pain.In this case, you must immediately contact the surgeon.A small hematoma can be removed without re-opening of the section.If you have a medium or large hematoma, the surgeon will most likely decide to remove it, and open the incision.With timely treatment, even large hematoma does not affect the final result.The risk of this complication, the average is 4%, and it is higher for redheads, hypertension and taking painkillers, such as aspirin and ibuprofen.
If the blood supply to the skin is broken, she dies.Necrosis is most often observed in untreated hematoma, or if the patient smokes, but by this complication no one is immune.In most cases the necrosis occurs around the ear.When a large area of necrosis may form an open wound, and then a thick, bumpy and very noticeable scar.Fortunately, this complication is rare.
paralysis of facial muscles
paralysis of facial muscles occurs because of damage to the facial nerve or one of its branches.The nerve can be cut, stretch or cauterize * during operation.This is probably a temporary or permanent absence of one or more facial movements: the patient is unable to raise his eyebrows, frown, close your eyes, wink, smile and pursed his lips.Fortunately, the risk of permanent paralysis, less than 1%, but if it does, you'll regret that agreed to the operation.
* Damage to small blood vessels during surgery causes bleeding: to stop it the surgeon can cauterize the bleeding vessel using the device, generating a weak electric current.It is possible temporary or permanent damage to adjacent nerves, causing paralysis.- Approx.author.
ears sensitivity After the facelift should be prepared for temporary loss of sensitivity of the cheeks, but not to numbness ears.Temporary or permanent loss of sensation in the skin around the ears can be caused by injury or burn large ear nerve.The subsequent recovery may be partial or complete, and is sometimes accompanied by severe pain in the neck and ear.
damage parotid gland
parotid gland - a salivary gland located in front of the ear, which is usually not exposed in the course of a facelift.But if it is close to the skin surface can be damaged during surgery.Symptoms of the parotid gland damage of constant accumulation of fluid under the skin, worse after eating.Perhaps the formation of a permanent drain, called a fistula of the parotid gland - in the majority of it heals on its own if the patient abstains from spicy food and taking medication to temporarily suppress salivation.
early relapse - a premature return sagging skin and pendulous cheeks, much earlier than in 7-10 years after the lift.The reasons for this phenomenon are unknown, but it is more common in fair-haired women and in women with sun damage skin.Early recurrence observed in 1% of cases and eliminated another facelift.